eggo1
1 Copper

Crackling speakers & headphones - Inspiron 15 7567

Hello, so I've recently started noticing that my Dell's audio playback would crackle, whether it's using the laptop's speakers or my numerous headphones. I followed the instructions noted in this thread where switching to the native audio driver instead of using the Realtek driver should help get rid of the crackling issue, and it worked.

However, I realized that this made audio playback sound a lot softer (kind of muffled) as compared to playback using the Realtek driver.

I also noticed that my Waves MaxxAudioPro stopped detecting my headset's mic, or any sort of external mic for that matter. Every time I have to use the mic for a call or recording, it automatically uses the laptop's mic even when I have the headset plugged in. The Waves pop-up that usually appears every time I plug in my headset also stopped appearing since I stopped using the Realtek driver.

I came across another thread in this community that suggested the inquiring user to remove/uninstall a software called SmartByte, and to install the latest Realtek driver. I followed, and the Waves pop-up problem was magically fixed! I tested my headset mic and it was detecting as it should.

However... the crackling issues that started all this came back as well.

I was wondering if there is any other way I can fix this crackling audio problem for my 7567, while also ensuring that I would be able to use external (non-laptop) mic.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

TLDR: 7567 audio started crackling. Uninstalling Realtek helped, but messed up external mic detection as well as Waves pop-up. Uninstalling SmartByte and reinstalling latest Realtek driver helped with the Waves and mic issue, but brought back the crackling.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jsh001
1 Copper

Re: Crackling speakers & headphones - Inspiron 15 7567

we will never get a fix for this.

it has been several years and versions.

0 Kudos
jsh001
1 Copper

Re: Crackling speakers & headphones - Inspiron 15 7567

so much censorship on this site