2 Bronze

DELL 7567 - 7577 Throttling and other problems

Hello everyone, one year ago I bought 7567. In the beginning I was so hyped that finally I'd play the newest games with good configuration. But since every day I'm getting frustrated by this THROTTLING issue. Dell community has lots of topics about both 7567 -7577 throttles and this is really annoying. You start a game everything looks fine then boom fps drops to the floor. Dell aware of this issue and guess what ? They just don't care. No solution, no explanation just they are silence. Everybody talks about this issue in their local forums ( Turkish, Brazilian, German ) People uses Intel Utility, changes their power managements who knows will it cause damage in future or not. People are so desperate to find a solution but Dell? No.

Seriously I'm really tired, lost my joy of playing games. I didn't even mention about updates for sound card that disables the sub-woofer in laptop. Crackling sounds comes even one day laptop might not open because of battery issue. I'm using still 1.1.0 Bios because every update they release cause tons of problems. If you update bios it shuts down randomly, temp gets high and so on. Dell 7577 even changed their charger because Dell didn't give the proper one for this laptop. Enough is enough Dell.

Please Dell please fix these issues, I believe you have qualified workers that can fix these. FIX IT!

8 Replies
7 Gold

Re: DELL 7567 - 7577 Throttling and other problems

"Newest games with good configuration" means Alienware 15 or 17 -- not Inspiron. This is an entry-level gaming system - it will play some games but you cannot expect a $1,000 system to play anything remotely demanding even at "normal" settings. Cut back the video effects as much as possible, and you may get by, but this isn't even mid-range for gaming - it's entry level.
0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Quality settings doesn't matter. Even if you choose Low, fps drops! People have 1060, 1050ti and if you think they can't play "newest games" at least in high not the highest well I don't think you are aware the power of these gpu's. Also these laptops has min 16 GB ram, I7 processors and so on.

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Installed in a chassis with the physical size to handle a large heatsink to dissipate the heat produced by these GPUs, I'd agree.  That's one big thing you sacrifice in buying an economy gaming system. 

You can get a turbocharged engine in a Chevy Cruze -- or a V8 Camaro.  Which one costs under $30,000 -- and which one can handle a day at the track?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

<attacking statement> These machines are throttling even if you play MARIO. It doesn't matter what's the graphics settings in games. People even post screenshots about how machine throttles. <attacking statement>

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I don't get any throttling on my 7567, so no fps drops for me.

I am not sure what could have been at 4K, but I have 1080p screen, and nothing I throw at my GTX1050 and i5-7300HQ inside causes any kinds of thermal or performance issues.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

It's been 2 weeks and THERE IS NO SOLUTION YET! Also there is no update for Realtek Sound Driver too... I will keep updating this topic until Dell releases a stable BIOS and solution for throttling. Still, we are using really old drivers... Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - Release Date: 16 Nov 2016 Intel HID Event Filter Driver - Release Date: 17 Jan 2018 Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework - Release Date:03 Jan 2018 Intel Serial IO Driver - Release Date: 10 Jan 2018 Intel HD Graphics 530/630 Driver - Release Date: 30 Nov 2017 Cmon Intel released tons of updates after the scandal, still no update in dell... How we can cope with this? Old drivers of course will cause Bsod, random freezes or throttling. Even it says updated recently, versions and everything is just same! Cmon Dell it's been almost 1,5 year for this device. Let us use in full power. Work on this please!
0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I have the same issue and it <profane> me off so much. I'm not sure if it's a software issue though, maybe these laptops just have a manufacturer defect 😕 That would pretty much explain why Dell is so silent.

Mine was working perfectly fine for 4 months after purchase. Then I got a white dot on the screen, but thought "Hey, if this thing finally makes me able to play games with friends, I can live with that" even though I'm a digital artist and good quality of the screen is important for me.

But then this trouble with FPS drops and sound stuttering happened. And I mostly only play Overwatch on lowest settings! it is unplayable now.

It is so frustrating to have this on a new and quite expensive laptop. And as you said, no official solution to this anywhere. I will try to fix the laptop with warranty, but it will be another month for sure, because I will have to move to another country. Will tell how it goes afterwards.

2 Bronze

I really think they don't care the "simple" consumer. We shout from every possible platform about these issues.  I don't think there is "a crew" works on 7567 or 7577 anymore. These are already old models for Dell. We didn't get any update even for Intel Graphic Card. How it can be hard for checking the issue and finding a solution for that... I feel so bad every time I use my laptop. 

Thank you, Dell, for giving this amazing experience. I will never ever gonna touch any Dell products in my life.  This laptop was the last money you can take from me. Thank you for ruining years of my savings.

0 Kudos