XKELX
1 Copper

Re: DELL G5 5587/G7 7588 BIOS 1.6.1

Man, you guys have all got me nervous about my purchase now.  I thought I was buying a budget friendly powerhouse based on the specs.  I just got my laptop 23 days ago, but naturally their return policy is from the date of invoice which is utter <profane>.  Not my fault dell took 2 weeks to ship it to me! Can someone please explain exactly what is happening, or what exactly you are referring to when you say its power limiting or thermal limiting?  I'm pretty knowledgeable with computers, and custom built my own desktop, but I have never had issues with it, so I've never tinkered with overclocking, etc.  It just played everything I threw at it. Should I call and demand a refund? 

Highlighted
8 Krypton

If I were you I would return that laptop A.S.A.P ! 3 months ago i updated my bios to 1.4.0 version and my laptop totally ruined. Now i couldn't use my laptop because temps suddenly hits 98-100 Celcius and throttles. I also couldn't downgrade to old bios versions because DELL BLOCKED that option now i have to live with useless bios versions.

Main problem with dell is that; these g3 g5 g7 series are "low budget entry level gaming laptop" and these models and customers who use that series don't deserve to be cared or answered. Many dell users only want some basic FAN CONTROL SOFTWARE like XPS models already has but they dont answers these demand because low budget laptop users dont have a right to it!! They think we have no right to demand FAN CONTROL because we use low budget laptop.

If you check the link above you can see some moderator officially states there is no plan to add thermal management or fan control system because these are low budget laptops. (g3 g5 g7 series)

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Include-XPS-thermal-management-system-to-G3-G5-G7-BIOS/td-p/...

8 Krypton

Everything was good back then bios 1.3.0 then Dell ruined everything with releasing 1.4 bios, now my device thermal throttles, cpu temps suddenly jumps to unacceptable levels (98-100°C), fans react so delayed my laptop becomes like an oven. As a gamer; I don't care how loud my fans are but it is vital to have cool internal system for better performance. As I paid that device for gaming it is my right to have decent cooling system not some crippled fans which just sits and don't react until 75°C. Now I am trying every possible way reaching out Dell to MAKE THEM FIX WHAT THEY BROKE and I need your help with that, If we can grow in numbers they can't ignore us any longer.

1- If we can give enough feedback to them, they will pass that information to their engineering team and they will fix the fan curve on the next bios release. Direct messaging to mods about that issue with our service tags may prove useful. ( https://www.dell.com/community/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/153533 we can DM to Chris about that issue but don't forget to add SERVICE TAG)

2- After given feedbacks we need to be heard also. I think the best way to achieve that is on twitter. I am tweeting about that issue daily with adding @DellCares @DELL @MichaelDell @Direct2Dell them to my tweets. I am also replying under some kinda PC mag PC world, tech's accounts, these tweets can be seen million times. ( You can also DM @DellCares with your service tags for feedback.)

If we can give enough feedback and try hard enough them to hear our voice DELL WILL HAVE THAT ISSUE FIXED EVENTUALLY

I hope everything  gets sorted soon

8 Krypton

I just updated to 1.6.1 and don't see any problems. I updated from 1.2.something and that version was terrible (fans ran almost all the time regardless of CPU and gfx load).

0 Kudos
Un client
6 Indium

Hjorte did you check your ingame temp CPU ?

muunnw
1 Copper

(Solved!)Re: DELL G5 5587/G7 7588 BIOS 1.6.1

Just reinstall all system at factory settings, work for me.

windows and reset bios to factory settings

0 Kudos
DataBases
1 Copper

Re: (Solved!)Re: DELL G5 5587/G7 7588 BIOS 1.6.1

Still the problem of temperature persists, When I play Dota or SC: GO reaches 88 C °, it is too much for this type of games that do not consume much graphics.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION?

8 Krypton

No.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Good news guys our efforts gave fruit DELL has released bios 1.9 HERE You can see in driver details as :

Enhancement:
- Added the Thermal Management feature in the Dell Power Manager application version 3.0. 

I think they finally decided to fix the thermals after many months and user complaints. Thank you all for your efforts on many platforms to make DELL hear us.

0 Kudos