Highlighted
1 Copper

DELL INSPIRON 14 7000

Hi,

My laptop screen suddenly blackout last night. The power button is this responding however after pressing it the power light will immediately turns off right after and the screen doesn't show anything. How can i fix this?. Any suggestion. Thanks

Ann

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: DELL INSPIRON 14 7000

Hi ann01,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post doesn't indicate the exact Inspiron 7000 that you have, so we can only give general troubleshooting tips.  If you wish to post back with your model number, perhaps the experts here will be able to assist further.  

First thing to try is to plug in the AC adapter and without turning it on, let it charge for at least 4 hours and try turning it on again with the adapter plugged in.  Then unplug the adapter and see if it stays on.

If that's working and you are still having issues, please unplug everything, remove the battery, and press the power button for about 20 seconds.  Then replace the battery, plug in the ac adapter and try again.

If that's not resolving your issue, it's possible the motherboard may have issues and may need to be replaced.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot a No Power Issue on your Dell Notebook

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

0 Kudos