dukjos21
1 Copper

DELL INSPIRON 15R 5537 WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

So I have had this laptop for about a month and a half and it seemed to be working fine with the WiFi until i reset it, then for no reason the WiFi wouldn't show up at all, all I could do was use the Ethernet cable.  I have researched on a lot of dell discussions on this issue and I have tried every single solution I had come across including updating/uninstalling/reinstalling my network driver, resetting the router and installing new drivers.  The only thing I can think of right now is that my WiFi card is broken, just want to get a 2nd opinion.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DELL INSPIRON 15R 5537 WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Hi dukjos21,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

When you say you "reset" it, what exactly does that mean?  Were you having difficulties prior to "resetting"?  If so, what were they.

If you re-installed the Operating System, were you able to re-install the drivers in the correct order?  Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order

Did you try running the system diagnostics to test the wifi card?  Please run system diagnostics either by pressing F12 at startup or by using Dell Support Assist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered, and post back.

If you need further assistance, please contact me by Private Message and include your Service Tag along with your personal information.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos