Good day! I have noticed a glowing red light on my screen when I am viewing dark photos. At first, it was just on the upper left corner of my monitor but recently it was almost on the whole perimeter edge of my screen. I googled what was it and I came to realize from all the info I have read that it was backlight bleeding.
I just have few questions regarding this issue
1. Will it get worse? Does it get bigger over time?
2. If no. Is there a way to eliminate it?
3. If yes, that means I have to replace my monitor, right? Since I have a touch screen unit at the moment, is it possible to replace it with a non-touch?
4. How much will it cost me to replace my screen?
Thank you so much!
If it's something that did not appear when the system was new, but is now, it's likely to continue getting worse.
The touchscreen is a complete assembly -- but to replace touch with non-touch, you'd have to replace the entire upper assembly (screen, bezel, hinges, back cover/antenna wiring, etc.). It looks like the touchscreen itself runs about $120.
If you don't replace it yourself, add whatever shop labor costs in your area - likely one hour or so to the cost.
Click the links below for troubleshooting LCD issues.
If it fails the diags and needs to be replaced and if you are within warranty send me the information listed below. If you are out of warranty call the Dell Spare Parts Department at 1-877-717-3355 for replacement options and pricing.
Please send me a Private Message and provide your system * For my notes, send me via Private Message the Service tag number,your name, address, phone number and email address
* Go to the top of this thread
* Click the Envelope
* Click the blue "New Message" box
* Paste my name DELL-Jesse L into the "Send to" blank
* Click my icon. My name should now be listed in the "Send to" blank
* Message Subject =
* Message Body =tag number as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support assistance if it is needed.