charmedangelin
1 Nickel

Re: DELL INSPIRON 5577 NEAR HINGE ISSUE

Yup I have same issue and I am really angry about it. I've delt with this since I got the laptop and now the screw is stripping and ripping my laptop apart. For now I have to leave the laptop open and leave in my room and plug it up to a monitor. 

This is unnacceptable, this laptop needs to be recalled. 

On top of this issue sometimes the laptop will freeze and not even the power button will shut it off. 

This is bad laptop from Dell and the fact they not fix this issue for free outside warrenty is corporate **bleep**. 

Never buy another Dell laptop like this, nope never. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is a hardware error. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

I am also facing this issue, my laptop is 10 months old. This is definitely a manufacturing issue. How is hardware diagnostic will help me detect the hinge problem? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DhairyaTripathi,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

As stated earlier in this thread, the hinges are considered normal wear and tear parts.  The hinge policy has been revised here .

So, if the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

0 Kudos
IAmRipunjoy
1 Nickel

Hey DhairyaTripathi, This is a design issue that started from the inspiron 7559 was launched. after posting the thread, I tightened my screws. It helped me for some time but after 4 days it got loosen again. I contacted dell. Showed them some reddit forums regarding this problem and after doing so, they gave me a form to fill up. I did that and they also asked for clear images of the hinges. I sent them. They forwarded my thread to senior executives. And they approved my case. I got full Chassis replacement. If yours is not self broken, you can mail them and ask what they can do about it. Contacting customer care won't help. They will tell you to visit service centre as I have experienced. If you have premium warranty, Mail here : IN_Premium_Support_INSP@dell.com . Thank you. Hope you will get a solution soon.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

No Robert, this is most assuredly not standard wear and tear.
I'm a former Dell tech, supported the Inspirons, Opti/ Lat, and Precision products as a T3 and I am telling you that it is a design shortcoming. I have one and the grommet for the assembly base started to pull loose within 3 months of standard daily use. It has become progressively worse over time with the portion of the palm rest directly above it also coming loose. When I was there we owned design issues. Has that changed? I was there when we had the bad run of boards with blown caps and we just fixed it as opposed to proclaiming wear and tear.

Glitch404
1 Copper

The hinges fail because the entire hinge mechanism, support and fixings are unfit for purpose. It starts with loose screws, but eventually the plastic posts holding the brass inserts for the hinges also disintegrate, so the hinge is then only held in place by the screw that comes through from the underside of the chassis and screws into the brass post on the underside of the palmrest assembly. This then starts to bend the thin metal ii is attached to. A combination of insufficient screw length, poor design and fragile plastic, coupled with the stiffness of the hinge mechanism results in failure of the left-hand side hinge on the Inspiron 5577 and other laptops using the same chassis. This is a direct result of poor design, not "wear and tear". Own the problem Dell and stop blaming the customer.
Jenish6775
1 Copper

well, even my DELL INSPIRON 5577 BROKE OFF NEAR HINGE AND THE WARRANTY IS ALSO EXPIRED A MONTH AGO. THIS IS A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW, AND YOU SHOULD REPLACE THE FAULTY HINGES OR BODY PARTS FOR THE SAKE WE BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER.

THIS IS DISAPPOINTING, TRULLY

0 Kudos
Rubymule
1 Copper

I have a year old Dell 7559 with a broken left hinge. Why is Dell not responding to this problem? I have used Dells for years and am very disappointed in this machine.
0 Kudos
Abhi1999
1 Copper

I am also suffering from same problem. And now I am confused that should i give it to  dell service center or to some local repair shop!!!

0 Kudos