Highlighted
xJGVx
1 Copper

DELL Inspiron 15 G5 5577 sudden death

As title implies my DELL Inspiron 15 5577, powered off by itself while watching Netflix and it won't turn back on by any means. Tried looking online for solutions but couldn't quite find one that worked, it's the i5 and gtx 1050 variant.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: DELL Inspiron 15 G5 5577 sudden death

I have a 2018 5577.

Have you tried it with and without the AC power supply?  

Since it powered itself off, my first thought is overheating.  But if its left to cool it should work again.  The Intel CPU has built in thermal protection and if it overheats it will power itself off and won't power back on until it sufficiently cools. 

You can also try resetting the CMOS memory (BIOS) and see if that helps. With the AC power supply disconnected,  Remove the CR2032 coin cell battery for at least 10 minutes.  Reinstall, observing correct polarity.  Then try powering on.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/inspiron-15-5577-servic...

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
xJGVx
1 Copper

I have already tried the cmos battery and i don't think a clean "gaming" laptop would overheat with the Netflix app tbh.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Nothing else to really suggest. If its still under warranty contact Dell. Otherwise take it to a qualified repair shop and have them check it out. No way to remotely troubleshoot a problem such as this. There's no history of this model having the problem and a known part failing. I use my 5577 for my recording studio for client on-site/live show recordings and have done several extended recording sessions and no issues.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Joel2395
1 Nickel

Hi! Have you found any solution? I have the same problem. Just turned it on and went for a coffee, when I returned, the computer was dead. I've noticed that the hard drive's led (M.2 added) turns on for a while. Thank you!

0 Kudos