Highlighted
sumone74
1 Nickel

DPC latency on Dell G5 5587, not just XPS

So after spending an entire 2 days trying stuff out, I'm still in the same situation, it does look like Dell is aware and working on it, but most of what I've seen on twitter and other media sites is the focus is on XPS, I'm seeing the same on my Dell which isn't an XPS, or do they share the same BIOS update as the XPS?

Hope they sort it. as this thing for Video editing is  a much higher performer than my last Laptop, but for audio, it's just not stable at all.  DPC Latency Monitor it spikes in the red all the time even after all the fixes out there for this type of issue, Process Lasso and CPU Affinity settings is my last test to try, I lost my Cubase license somehow due to all this configuration changes that my soft eLicenser became disabled, now on a fresh install again so will try Process Lasso.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sumone74
1 Nickel

Re: DPC latency on Dell G5 5587, not just XPS

Nope, I cannot resolve this issue, ACPI.sys is killing this machine, looks like I'll be requesting a refund on this and going down the DYI Desktop route, my 10 year old HP knocked spots off of this for Audio applications

0 Kudos
sumone74
1 Nickel

Steps I took to finally resolve this when working with Audio

Device Manager, drill into System devices, uninstall just the 'Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager' - Tick the box to remove driver from the system, no need for a reboot.

Disable 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery'

Not ideal, but works.

Upon reboot 'Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager' installs itself, just follow the steps again for when working with Audio

0 Kudos
AlexisMef
1 Nickel

Nothing from Dell, leaving users to do hacks for themselves to have a 100% usable PC, as suposed when purchased?