Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

June 19th, 2019 13:00

Damaged screen on Dell G3, #2

Checking to see if there are any updates. I bought my g3 15 5/22/2019 and have the same horizontal scratches in the same part of the screen. It looks like the screen hits the keys on the keyboard, like the space bar and the numpad. It's kind of disappointing, I'm past the Microcenter return policy and I don't know if i have to pay out $$$$ to get it replaced. The ones on mine can't be felt and i think it's behind the glass.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 20th, 2019 06:00

borisbory,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

If your computer is out of warranty, click the link below.

https://dell.to/2x5WJ9y

2 Posts

June 20th, 2019 13:00

Hello, I called the Dell Support phone number and have gotten my issue resolved. For other Dell users, i paid for the premium support with on site location because i had an issue with the dell xps 13 ghosting issue. . I am disappointed that the build quality of the G3 15 may be the cause of the issue. I didn't notice the amount of flex in the back of the latop screen, but it is considerable and any pressure on the lid is what's causing the screen to touch the keyboard causing horizontal defects on the screen. I don't know if the repair depot will install a plate to reinforce the back of the display but it's incredible that a $1000+ laptop has this problem with body flex. if the depot cannot repair this issue I guess i'll have to glue or attach some rigid material to the lid.
No Events found!