Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

May 13th, 2019 04:00

Damaged screen on Dell G3

Hello,

I have a problem with my Dell G3. I already had it replaced once. It had a long horizontal line of small spots/scratches on the screen. I had thought at first that something simply went wrong during the manufacturing. When I received the replacement it looked fine, but now, after a few months it has the line the previous one had, in the same place. My best guess is that it was made by the keyboard. I am very careful with my laptop, and I have owned a few more before and I have never had this problem. This looks like a fault in the design. The laptop is literally damaging itself, and the damage is only going to get worse with time. I have tried to find a customer support email or a complaints email, but there doesn't seem to be one. I want this issue resolved.

close-upclose-upclose-upclose-upclose-upclose-upP1340456.JPGP1340457.JPGP1340458.JPGclose-upclose-upclose-upclose-up

2 Posts

June 5th, 2019 02:00

It's been less than a month since my original post, but now I have two new splotches on my screen. They are different than the scratches I described before. I cleaned my screen, it's not dirt. They are not there when the computer is turned off and the screen is dark. They are most visible when the screen is white. This is too much. It's a new laptop. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 5th, 2019 06:00

* Did they exchange the entire Laptop or replace just the LCD panel?
* From whom and when did you purchase the original Laptop?

* Turn the room lights on
* Run the LCD Built-in Self Test (BIST)
* Post pictures of the BIST showing the issue

No Events found!