victorpop89
1 Copper

Dell 7530 video card problem

Dear fellow Dell fans,

This is my first post here so don't be harsh please.

I recently bought a Dell 7530 with the E-2186M Xeon Processor, the Quadro P3200 video card and 32 gb of RAM.

This device is a a somewhat desktop replacement for me and I've been doing my job fine on it in the field of Architecture (CAD software) and photo renderings.

However, I installed Lumion 9 and as far as I can see, it goes from 30 fps to 2 fps in a matter of minutes, then goes back up to 30 and so on. When I checked in the task manager, when it's on 2 fps, I have 0% usage on my Quadro and 100% on my integrated Intel UHD video adapter.

I disabled using the Intel UHD from NVidia Manager to no avail.

Any tips to a solution for this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell 7530 video card problem

The following post may lend some further information. It is for an XPS but the described problems are similar.

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-NVIDIA-GPU-not-being-used/td-p/6060193

And this may even be more helpful.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/how10586/how-to-make-the-nvidia-graphics-processor-the...

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
victorpop89
1 Copper

Re: Dell 7530 video card problem

I tried managing the usage of my video card manually in Nvidia Manager, I switched Lumion to ONLY use the Quadro. During work, I can have as many as 40-50 fps without breaking a sweat, and one second later it drops to 2-3 fps. At that point Lumion stops using the Quadro, and uses the Intel UHD instead. I can't seem to find a workaround for this. In the first link you sent, OP seems to be having a similar issue as I have. Unfortunately I couldn't find a fix and I'm honestly thinking of returning my laptop and will switch to another brand. I need consistency.
0 Kudos