Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

May 21st, 2019 17:00

Dell 7559 BIOS problems after latest update

So I installed the latest BIOS version earlier today. I could no longer access the BIOS with  F2 or F12 so I went to the BIOS through Windows. I then changed UEFI to Legacy mode as I have Linux running on my second drive and needed to access at least F12.

Now it will only boot to my 2nd drive. I can not enter BIOS and it is essential for me to be able to access the BIOS. Any solutions?

Thanks.

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 10:00

So now I'm left without any access to the BIOS which I need as I have 2 drives and need the boot loader as well (F12).

The sheer problems caused by BIOS v1.3 should be an embarrassment to Dell.

3 Posts

May 30th, 2019 22:00

fOR HEAVEN'S SAKE dELL, CANT YOU RELEASE A FIX? i CAN not ACCESS THE bios (f2) OR BOOTLOADER (f12), THIS MAKES THIS MACHINE MOSTLY PARALYZED TO ME.

9.4K Posts

May 31st, 2019 06:00

Hi Feromi,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Try removing the power and the battery, pressing the start button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and press F12 immediately after pressing the power button.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  Access UEFI (BIOS) System Setup from Windows on your Dell System

How to Fix a Boot Up Problem.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or this is a software issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

August 4th, 2022 12:00

I ran into the same problem today.

Symptoms: after BIOS upgrade can't boot into BIOS setup via F2 key and can't turn on BIOS boot menu using F12 key (anyway it was possible via GRUB in my case so I had access to setup). Dell logo didn't show at the beginning of computer boot.

Solution: manually download BIOS update exe file from official drivers site and run it. Computer should then reboot into BIOS upgrade procedure, write data to memory and automatically turn off and on again with F2 and F12 keys working.

Cause: after many years I've installed Windows today and run drivers update using Dell automatic update tool. Among other there was BIOS upgrade, which was installed by the tool. During this process it probably set lock or sth in BIOS to make that upgrade BUT after reboot computer didn't boot into BIOS upgrade procedure. So lock persisted, so F2 and F12 keys were inactive.

@Feromimaybe you still have this computer

No Events found!