Feromi
1 Copper

Dell 7559 BIOS problems after latest update

So I installed the latest BIOS version earlier today. I could no longer access the BIOS with  F2 or F12 so I went to the BIOS through Windows. I then changed UEFI to Legacy mode as I have Linux running on my second drive and needed to access at least F12.

Now it will only boot to my 2nd drive. I can not enter BIOS and it is essential for me to be able to access the BIOS. Any solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feromi
1 Copper

Re: Dell 7559 BIOS problems after latest update

So now I'm left without any access to the BIOS which I need as I have 2 drives and need the boot loader as well (F12).

The sheer problems caused by BIOS v1.3 should be an embarrassment to Dell.

0 Kudos
Feromi
1 Copper

fOR HEAVEN'S SAKE dELL, CANT YOU RELEASE A FIX? i CAN not ACCESS THE bios (f2) OR BOOTLOADER (f12), THIS MAKES THIS MACHINE MOSTLY PARALYZED TO ME.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Feromi,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Try removing the power and the battery, pressing the start button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and press F12 immediately after pressing the power button.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  Access UEFI (BIOS) System Setup from Windows on your Dell System

How to Fix a Boot Up Problem.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or this is a software issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos