Jas83
1 Nickel

Re: Dell 7567 BIOS 1.5.3, still is turning off and restarting.

Jump to solution

Can anybody else verify this?

0 Kudos
cliffv2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, I can confirm that the Bios 1.5.3 did NOT fix the issue.  As I was typing this reply I was testing my laptop and I still have 80% battery life and my laptop restarted without any error message. 

I hope this gets addressed properly by Dell a lot of users have already reported the matter.

bios153.JPG

Cliff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CyberSRS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello!

Just a feedback...

I removed the CMOS (BIOS 1.5.3) Battery and put it back again... 

Here is how to do it...
So far, I used full charged battery two times and did not restart/shutdown, not really sure if it is fixed, I need a few more days to test.

Could someone else do the same and give a feedback?

KoRnTuNeS
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Topic is live again 

0 Kudos
bgaumond
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Why was this topic removed in the first place? Many are still having this issue and for me its getting worse! I cant even use the laptop as intended!

I am going to try the CMOS reset later tonight and see if that does anything.

It seems to always reset when using chrome and watching a video on Netflix or YouTube

0 Kudos
NAM_Goutham
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

I got a replacement laptop and I can say after 5 days, there are no random restarts. I have sent the original laptop to Dell-Justin C for hardware capture.

But I do see booting takes around 10sec, my original laptop was taking around 6sec. Overall performance little slower than previous, not sure if it has anything to do with new BIOS.

0 Kudos
gero999
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Can you share what BIOS you have in your replacement machine?
0 Kudos
XeusLEE
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

No this bios is for HP users (just a joke but it really seems so) Smiley Happy Whatever we do will not lead Dell to solve our problem I think. Because we were valuable till we buy this device which was a laptop at first and evolved in desktop after several bios updates. Thanks Dell, well done!

Update: After talking to @DellCares on twitter and Dell Turkey office (which I bought from) they changed my unit's motherboard. But guess what? After changing motherboard, they are so genius (!) they had updated bios to 1.5.3 again. I tested unit as soon as I got it back and boom! Problem was saying "I am here! You should have bought HP Spectre instead of this **bleep**!".

Anyway, I again called @DellCares after deep breathing and they lead me to downgrade to 1.1.0 bios revision. So there were no need to change motherboard at all! They changed that motherboard and it costs 299$ to them. (I know better ways of suicide for a corporation). Now I use this laptop with an Intel Meltdown risk because 1.1.0 revision of bios is not patched against this vulnerability. So just one hacking question to Dell:

- What if you were me? What if you had bought something that you can not use (without power cable) and without risk (Intel Meltdown)? 

What should I (or we) do?

0 Kudos
khalidsbaih
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Folks

while i'm watching some videos about meltdown vulnerability which affects Intel CPUs , i came across the following article that is highlighting  this reboot problem, i think you guys need to read this article (sorry for bad English)

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3248975/components-processors/spectre-cpu-patches-reboots-intel.html

Thanks

0 Kudos
AJ89MSU
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Are there any documented cases of the intel meltdown after downgrading the BIOS? I have been using the 1.1.0 version for a while now after I detected the problem with my laptop. I want to know how serious the vulnerability is. 

0 Kudos