Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2018 01:00

Dell 7567 GPU throttling at 74 degrees

I noticed this a few days back, that the GPU (gtx 1050-ti) in 7567 is throttling when it reaches 74 degree celcius. Look at this, the gpu would never cross the 74 degree mark when tested with Furmark and Msi afterburner.Untitled.png

I did some more tinkering and i found this in Nvidia Inspector-

Untitled2.png

You can see in the Power and Temperature Target, the temperature is set to 74c ! This is too low, you cant play any games on it without reaching the 74c mark and getting frame drops instead of a smooth gameplay. You cant even change the value, it will reset itself everytime.

i am using the latest bios 1.7.0 and the drivers are all good, its not just me with this issue, every single youtuber playing games on this laptop has the same throttling when the gpu will throttle down once it reaches 74c.

The only thing i can do for now is change the thermal paste, which will bring down the temps to some extent, and undervolt, but still its unlikely that you wont hit that 74c mark.

First there was this Cpu throttling issue, and now this. People at Dell, please fix this, this is a known issue.

4 Posts

August 12th, 2018 19:00

The only solution that worked was repasting. I used Cooler Master Mastergel Pro and now it doesnt throttle anymore! Cpu temps stay between 70-80s celcius and Gpu's highest temp i recorded was 70 after 4 hours of gaming session. 

9.4K Posts

July 13th, 2018 06:00

Hi Shail.01,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

GPU temperatures and speeds are set by default to protect the system from overheating.  If there is an issue then some troubleshooting may be necessary to figure out what's causing it.

Here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

Inspiron 7567/7467 intermittently shuts down

If you need further assistance, please contact me privately.  Please be sure to include your contact information along with your computer's service tag number.  Thanks.

1 Message

August 12th, 2018 15:00

Has it been resolved yet ? 

2 Posts

November 28th, 2019 09:00

yea im having the same issue one thing u can do is to download asus gpu tweak ll and set it to 80 or 85 degreese but the problem is with me that when i set it to 85 degrees my cpu drops to 0.8ghz dell fix this dawg 

No Events found!