Highlighted

Dell 7567 Last Dell Product

I brought a dell 7567 in October last year with premium customer support. Just after 3 month of usage I started getting performance issue and when I contacted customer support they were terrible in proving there's no fault in the laptop. They asked me reduce performance boost in order to get thermals under control, well here's the thing when you're selling a product where its MSP is gaming and solid thermal cooling you don't ask customer to reduce quality of game. I think there's a problem with thermal paste, as I had similar issue with earlier laptop, but they're reluctant about it. So I'm now really **bleep** after facing the same issue for a month now and touching hot plastic instead of a laptop.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Saltgrass
Diamond

Re: Dell 7567 Last Dell Product

What exactly do you mean by "touching hot plastic" ? If you check the exhaust air when the fans are running, is it warm?

Other 7567s received around you same time have been having random shutdown issues. You may be seeing a version of that same situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

By touching hot plastic I meant touching keyboard area, especially hot where CPU and GPU are located. Exhaust air isn't that warm and that makes me more worried.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Diamond

I don't remember having a situation where the keyboard area was warm enough for me to notice and I have been running my system fairly hard while testing for a Random Shutdown.

I suppose you can visually check the cooling air paths for blockage and make sure it is not sitting on a soft surface.  When I am gaming or testing, I can hear the fans start to spin up and get faster the longer I play.  I am not really that tough on it since my games don't involve a lot of flashing or banging sounds.

You may, if you feel comfortable, open the system up to check the fans and cooling paths that way.  The service manual you can download will show how and allow you to see how the internals are configured.

Since you have already been in touch with customer service, at least your problem is on record.  You may be able to send it back in for service.  A thermal paste situation, or something similar is a possibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos