Highlighted
TFOne
Copper

Dell 7567 power cuts caused by random battery disconnections

Hello,

I've had a Dell 7567 since last June, and for a long time there's been an issue where the battery seems to lose connection with the laptop, causing the laptop to suddenly turn off. I already had my laptop sent in for service and all they did over the 2 weeks it was serviced was reinstall windows even after I told tech support multiple times that there was no way it was solely a software issue. I suspect that the issue is with a faulty battery cable. After looking at the cable and taking multiple pictures available here, it seems like a couple of the pins on the laptop side of the cable have burn marks and hairline-like cracks on the plastic housing. Is there any way that this issue could be rectified?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ejn63
Diamond

Re: Dell 7567 power cuts caused by random battery disconnections

The only way to fix that is to replace the battery (assuming there's no sign of damage on the mainboard itself;  if there is, that too would need to be replaced).

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Diamond

Oh, those burn marks are not a good sign.  Something is probably drawing too much current and overheating the connection.  Dell engineers would probably know what those specific pins were for.

I have seen situations were connections which were not making good contact, would experience indications like you see.  Can we assume all the wires are fully inserted into the plug?  Make sure and check both ends of the cable for good contacts.

If you did not know, there are several threads regarding a 7567 problem with unwanted shutdowns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
TFOne
Copper

-It's probably safe to assume that the battery cable has been fully inserted while I've been using it. Besides today, since I got it serviced ~2 months ago I haven't opened the back cover. Also, the issue happened much less for a little while after I got my laptop back. It's just become more frequent in the last few weeks.
-I did notice that the random cuts occur more often after I open a game and temps start to rise. Not sure if that's enough to cause the burns.
-I read some of the other threads about random shutdowns. Some people are saying its BIOS related, but even when I was on an older BIOS, I still had the sudden shutdowns/power cuts. Also, my battery hasn't been detected by the OS since I posted the OP. I've just had my laptop connected to AC.
Seems like the next step for me is to call to get my battery replaced :l.

0 Kudos