dellbattery
1 Copper

Dell 7577 Laptop Battery wear extremely high and rapidly increasing

Hi, my 2 weeks  old Dell 7577 Laptop  55mWh battery capacity reduced to 48mWH  and reducing day by day.

Batteries just deteriorate over time, which is true but not at such a high rate.(only 2 weeks) I checked capacity level from Bios, Dell Support App and Windows BatteryReport. All of them tell same numbers. (not using third party apps)

So, , I'll probably have less than half the capacity in a few WEEKS, which is awful given how much I rely on the portability of this laptop. If anyone could give me any guidance or help I'd be thankful.

2 Replies
greencomputing
1 Copper

Re: Dell 7577 Laptop Battery wear extremely high and rapidly increasing

Same story here, 7 weeks old, rarely used, at 48.2Wh (86.1%).

Everywhere set to "save battery" settings (Win10, BIOS, Debian9) and mostly used via power cord.

Hope that's not the reason for the aggressive price strategy ?

My 2nd Dell Laptop, extremely surprised by the first I bought (2004, Inspiron 9100, still alive with Debian9). Hope this one is in the same quality range ?

0 Kudos
MrMarius
1 Copper

Re: Dell 7577 Laptop Battery wear extremely high and rapidly increasing

Bought mine in December. Came with not working card reader. Today the battery just died. Laptop dies instantly if unplugged. What a waste of money. 4 months of occasional usage and the laptop might as well be a pc.

0 Kudos