Inspiron

Last reply by 11-07-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

Dell 7706 with WD19 - UHD support

Hi.

I own the upper combination and also a WD19TB. I get UHD 60Hz working for the external monitor with WD19TB only but from the specs it should be possible with single monitor also with WD19. Perhaps it is constrained by 7706 DisplayPort support but I cannot find any specification for DisplayPort over USB-C with 7706. Is there something wrong or simply not supported?

Cheers

Nils

Replies (12)
7 Thorium

@Augur  You might want to take a look at this thread that reports the same problem with two other systems, and where I linked to two more threads that describe this issue with yet another system model. It’s also where I posted mentions about this to a helpful Dell contact, which I’ve now just done about your own thread here.

3 Argentum

If it would be helpful your contact can contact me. But I think it would be very easy to reproduce it. Looking forward to know if it is a bug or perhaps a mistake in the manual.

7 Thorium

@Augur  That would be up to them. But since I linked your thread, they know how to find you. I agree it should be easy to reproduce at this point based on the data points available. But the claim of HBR3 support in the dock manual isn’t a mistake, because other setups that would only work if the dock supported HBR3 do work. But this type of stuff happens. The XPS 13 9300 at least initially wasn’t able to run dual 4K 60 Hz through a WD19TB even though it should’ve been able to, and it could run that display setup through other docks, and other systems could run dual 4K 60 Hz through a WD19TB. I just yesterday got a CalDigit dock for my wife and found that it has an issue with her dual display setup where the display on one of the HDMI outputs cuts in and out, even after swapping cables. But if I try another laptop with that dock and display setup, it’s fine. If I try her laptop with another dock but the same displays, it’s fine. And if I try her laptop and this dock with another display model, it’s fine. But the one setup that I actually need to work properly doesn't, even though it obviously should.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions