Coolshoes5
1 Copper

Dell Audio app missing on Inspiron 15 3567

I am unable to access the Dell Audio app either through Control Panel or Program Files directly. It seems to be installed by the driver, but trying to start it doesn’t do anything. It is also not in the system tray or under the Dell folder in the Start menu.

I do have the Waves MaxxAudio Pro app, but it doesn’t have the settings I would like to adjust.

Even after a factory image restore it doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Dell Audio app missing on Inspiron 15 3567

@Coolshoes5  "Even after a factory image restore it doesn’t work."

Did the laptop have the program when it was brand new? If so then using the Factory Image should have restored it, at least until Windows Update installed a newer version of the Realtek driver.

Dell has released 5 versions of the driver for the Inspiron 3567. You can access all of them here. If the driver you have now is newer than the version that would have been current when the laptop was new, then installing that old version of Realtek might be the answer but might mean turning off Windows Update..

Note if you want to try an older version, you need to completely remove the current (newer) version first.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Coolshoes5
1 Copper

You would think so. I bought it used but it came with the factory image restored. It seems like such a common program on Dells that I was sure the image messed up so I restored it again.

I have a slightly newer model (Inspiron 3552) that does include Dell Audio, and I have no idea why one does and the other doesn't. I thought maybe Dell was discontinuing it because while the 3552 laptop is technically newer its hardware is a little older.

Thanks for the link. I could only find one driver for my model. And trying ones for the 3552 almost finish but give an error.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@Coolshoes5  "Thanks for the link. I could only find one driver for my model."

I assumed you have Windows 10. There are 5 Realtek driver versions for the Inspiron 3567 with Win10, but only one specifically for the Creators version.

The oldest one of the 5 versions is well over 2 years old. Dell might still have been including Dell Audio back then. I think now all the Realtek drivers only include the WavwsMaxx controls. You might not be able to use one of the older drivers in Win10 if your laptop has Creators.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos