June 22nd, 2020 11:00

Dell Blue Wallpaper

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 20:00

You can try the following...

1. Open Edge.
  2. Navigate to the Dell Windows Recovery Image page.
  3. Press F12 to open the developer tools pane.
  4. In the top black bar of the developer tools pane, click the down button and select emulation.
  5. Change the user agent string from Microsoft Edge to Safari (iPod).
  6. You should now see a text box asking for your service tag. Enter your service tag and click Check Availability to see if there are any Windows 10 ISO's that are have been customized by Dell for your model.
  7. When you are finished, remember to change the user agent string in Edge back to Microsoft Edge.

Note: The user agent string must be changed to a Safari, or else you won't be able to download the ISO images.

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

June 22nd, 2020 19:00

Do you still have the factory installed copy of Windows 10 on your computer? If so, try looking here...

C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Dell

If you created a Windows Recovery Drive using the factory installed copy of Windows 10, you can retrieve the wallpaper from there as well. Just insert your recovery drive into a USB port and navigate to the following file... (7-Zip required to extract it's contents).

:\Sources\OEM\Wallpaper.wim - Extract the "Blue Lava" file from the Dell folder.

June 23rd, 2020 09:00

No I have a clean install of Windows 10 since I had problems with the OS. Is there an iso that has the wallpaper that is provided by Dell?

3 Apprentice

• 

547 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 14:00

If you used SupportAssist OS Recovery to restore Windows 10, that should restore the Dell wallpaper to its original location. Furthermore, if you still have the hidden recovery partition, you can try to create a Windows Recovery Drive and follow the steps I mentioned in my last post to retrieve the wallpaper, but there's no guarantee that this will work without the Dell supplied copy of Windows 10.

June 23rd, 2020 16:00

I did a clean install a month ago and it deleted the partitions. Is there an iso supplied by Dell that may have the wallpaper?

June 24th, 2020 08:00

Thank you so much for your help I did what you said and found the wallpaper from one of the isos. Thank you. Also I'm curious. Is my laptop compatible with Ubuntu since one time I saw that my laptop could run Ubuntu 14.04 but I don't know for sure

No Events found!