abs1016
1 Nickel

Dell Download Locker - can't download software

I purchased a certified refurbished Inspiron 5570 a week ago and noticed it has CyberLink Media Suite Essentials installed, but that the programs don't show up in the Start Menu of Windows 10.  I assumed that this was a problem with the installation of CyberLink.  So I'd like to download and reinstall CyberLink Media Suite Essentials.  However, the Dell Download Locker has no record of my purchase.  I followed the link to customer service in the Dell Download Locker to have my purchase number registered  and they directed me to tech service.  I've since spoken to tech service twice on the phone. It's a horrible experience: they don't seem to have a clue how to fix this or even understand what the problem is.  The 1st guy forwarded me to paid customer support, and the 2nd guy wasn't much better.  

Does anyone know who to call to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Dell Download Locker - can't download software

How old is the computer? That version of Cyberlink is probably out of date and there is no free update. You have to purchase the current version.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/cyberlink-media-suite-ultra/features_en_US.html?item=1&affid=2581...

Only the original owner has access to the software that came with the computer. You are not missing much since after a year or more it is old software.

0 Kudos
abs1016
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Download Locker - can't download software

To me it's less than a week old. Current 2018 Inspiron 5570 with i5-8250U.  It was purchased Certified Refurbished from Dell Outlet and looks brand new to me.

0 Kudos