Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 2nd, 2022 22:00

Dell G15 5511 automatic BIOS update and Noise problem

Hello,

After 3 months of peaceful work on my dell G15 5511 the new problem appeared. When I started the computer the Alienware Command Suite ask me to download additional content. So I agree. The software installed downloaded content and then ask me to restart the computer. When I restart computer I was in schocked. The computer automatically updated the BIOS to 1.11 without warning or asking if I agree. The first update was unsuccessful. THe second one was successfull. Then problems started. Computer started to generate more noise. The temperature of CPU started to be much more higher than during work on previous version of BIOS. I decided to downgrade the BIOS. So I downgrade the BIOS to 1.10 version. And everything went back to normal. But after restarting -  the computer again automatically updated the BIOS to version 1.11.

Then I tried to update the BIOS to version 1.12 - the update was successful. But it didn't solve problems with notebook.

Computer is still noisy

When I use it for simple operations like web browsing the fans generate noise. The problem didn't appear on previous version on BIOS. How can I go back to previous version of BIOS and stay on previous version of BIOS or how can I solve the problem?

The more irritating problem is that the fans are still working when I close laptop screen flap - computer should go to the sleepmode but fans are still working!

After BIOS updated i tried to remove drivers (Chipset, Intel Managment engine, AlienWare Commnad Suite, AlienWare OCC controls) and installed it again but it didn't help.

May 3rd, 2022 02:00

Answer for Community:

Ok. I tried  solution of  DELL-Cares.

Switching off the option

(1. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.
2. Make your way to System and Security.
3. Click System.
4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
5. Select the Hardware tab.
6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.)

didn't help. 

Switching off the update option in BIOS helped for now. I restarted Computer few times and it did not update the BIOS.

Thank you.

I hope the problem won't appear again.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 2nd, 2022 22:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

6 Posts

May 7th, 2022 12:00

G15 5511  after doing upgrade from 1.11 to 1.12,  it appears that any change to bios will reset the option  for when you make your "PIN" to add symbols and letter to just numbers.  Even if you do a bios recovery the Shift key and symbols don't work at the "PIN entry window only.  Even try on screen keyboard didn't work I had to rest my pin.

1 Message

September 27th, 2022 05:00

My Dell G15 5511. I7-11800h / 3060gtx

i installed alienware comand center and created my Thermal profile, or we can use default profiles.
this improved cooling and reduced noise.

i installed Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility and lowered turbo boost power max = 35w and switched off short turbo boost

this lowered maximum temperature in game to 85 `C
and increased fps

No Events found!