Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R4

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 15:00

Dell G3 15 3590, AWCC has a bug after an update.

This issue was originally reported on the Alienware Desktop forum. I’m having this inusual bug after the Alien Command Center received an update from the Microsoft Store. In my case is the Laptop G3-15-3590, Windows 10, Version: 21H2.

After the update I opened The Command Center, a noticed appeared saying additional components required, I proceed to install the new update, The Alienware Command Center takes time to install, but I notice it wasn’t downloading anything. I restarted the AWCC service and the installation proceeds, it finished and I close the window.

I open again the Alienware Command Center and the notice box appeared again, telling me there are additional components to install. I did this like three times and keeps going like this, somehow the update did not install well. I even checked on Temp folder and noticed there were store Alienware installation files, I deleted them, restar my lap. Once again, I open the Alienware Command Center and the notice box is still asking additional components to install.

On the Dell Update App appeared the same update, I think, try to install but it failed.

This time I decided to skip the update, I checked the functions of the Command Center, looking for errors or bugs, nothing. Is odd, because is working well but still asking me the update.

I followed the thread on the Alienware Desktop Forum, reading the possible solutions, also the number of users reporting the issue. I don’t want to uninstall the Alienware Command Center and install it again, I read that some users can’t make it to install properly.

My laptop is working like a charm and don’t want mess up with the stability. Only I asked is on the next update make it work well, please.

Or advice, please.

Thank you.

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 06:00

Yeah. I feel your pain.

This was happening to me as well. But I went ahead and uninstalled in the hope that reinstalling would fix it. Now, during install it keeps on "Loading" screen forever actually doing nothing.

Looks like this last version has serious bugs.

Good luck.

• 

25K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 11:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can follow @dellcares and start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 11:00

That’s what I mean. Uninstall and then install the Alienware Command Center I’m quite sure will end on a eternal “Loading” screen.

I had previous experience with this kind situation, specially when is about to uninstall Anti-Virus, the Windows Registry goes awfully mess up, several programs do not to work properly or do nothing. Or when your are installing Sound Card Drivers, including updating. If something is not installing correctly you get Blue Screen, crashes, forcing me to restore the entire system to factory default and star again.

I decided to keep skipping the buggy update and wait until the next good update.

No Events found!