Unsolved

S

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2023 18:00

Dell G3 3779 fan grinding noise making laptop shake

Dell G3 3779

Dell G3 3779

Hello,
So basically i have very loud CPU fan making grinding noise and whole laptop little shake, in case i surely checked which fan is making noise and indeed its CPU fan i unscrew everything unplugged 4-pin because i thought replacing fan might be the fix but its not it made even worse so i got back to the old fan i dont really care about replacing it myself because im pretty experienced and laptop is out of warranty. So i made up my mind and find out that maybe its not the fan issue but something arround making this noise so what im asking here i wonder if anyone had this issue before or at least could help me fix it its really annoying and im done buying more parts that dont even help.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 2nd, 2023 18:00

Your post was a little confusing. You stated that when you unplugged the CPU fan it got worse. With that fan not running that only leaves the other fan running. Are you sure it is not the other fan? Ty unplugging both fans to see if the noise stops. Am I reading the post correctly, you replaced the fan and it was worse? If both fans, assuming there were 2 tried, were very noisy, check to make sure that nothing is interfering with the fan blades. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

February 3rd, 2023 01:00

Are you sure it is the fan and not the hard drive that is vibrating? Now if it is the fan and vibrates that bad it could be a bearing or broken blade in the fan and it is running off balance. The only way to know would be to open the system up and have a look at the fan itself. You can run a diagnostic as well to see if the fan causes an error in testing. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full diagnostics. However even though you need the system it sounds like a problem that the Dell tech support should deal with inasmuch as the system is under warranty.

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2023 06:00

I'm sure its cpu fan unplugged both and gpu fan is running quietly so there is something in the cpu place

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2023 06:00

I replaced hard drive with m.2 SSD NVMe using USB adapter becasue my seagate started having a lot of error and bad sectors so i decided to replace it. Actually i didn't try the diagnostics and i will, i dont really think its broken blade or something because i tried two different cpu fans and the grinding was even louder. I will try the diagnostics and see maybe it helps see you.

No Events found!