Benjafull
1 Copper

Dell G3 power adapter is not sufficient (130W) i5 8300H 1050

Hi, I have dell G3 with GTX 1050. It has a annoying issue. When I play a game with high graphics and gpu usage (GTA 5) during CHARGING the battery, the CPU clocks goes down to 800MHZ, to can charge the battery :s if i use a custom battery config (50-55 %) and i have more battery than that, this does not happen, and the cpu stays on 3.9 ghz, but sometimes it stops charging and uses the battery for 1 second ( the brightness of the screen and the cpu clock goes down again) and in the windows bar show the charger is not plugged in (for one or two second randomly ). if i disable the "BD PROCHOT" with ThrottleStop during charging the battery and gaming specially gta, windows says the charger is plugged in but the battery is now discharging (the clocks stays on 3.9). i read similar problem in the Dell 7577 (battery discharging during gaming with 130W adapter), but this one (g3) goes down the cpu clock to can charge the batt. I have 130w adapter and I think the problem is that 130w adapter is not sufficient to power Dell G3 3579. That issue is not acceptable for customers because It is a gamer notebook. Is dell going to fix that problem? Or my 130W adapter is failing ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell G3 power adapter is not sufficient (130W) i5 8300H 1050

Hi ,

Im having exact same problem with my 4days old  G3-3579

Did Dell provide you solution on this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi PleasePovideSolution9,

Thanks for posting, apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Do you experience this same situation under normal circumstances?  Like when looking up information on the internet?  How about when using productivity software?  Email?  If not, then the system is likely performing as designed.  

What system BIOS are you running? Make sure you have 1.8.1 installed. Also, what Operating system are you using?

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
ahmed ayman
1 Copper

Hi , Im having the same problem and my system BIOS is 1.8.1 im using windows 10
0 Kudos