Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell G5 15 5590 RGB keyboard not working

I bought a Dell G5 15 5590 last year, with the 4-zone RGB keyboard. About a year after I had it, the Alienware Command Centre needed to update (I had been keeping up with the updates to this point) And so I did, But when I went to open it, it crashed on launch. So I looked online, and it seemed like if you uninstalled and reinstalled it, it would fix the issue. So I uninstalled it, but I couldn't install it again. The setup wizard just said that the program was already installed. I tried pressing reinstall, but that did nothing. At this point, the keyboard and mouse (Alienware Advanced Gaming Mouse AW558) Were stuck on the basic teal colour. I didn't mind this colour, so I left it for a while. Recently, I tried reinstalling the Alienware Command Centre, and this time it worked for some reason. So now the Alienware Command Centre doesn't crash, but when I try to change the colour of the keyboard, it changes on the program, but not in real life. It also doesn't recognize my mouse (Which it used to be able to). And after using the Alienware Command Centre and turning my pc off and on again, the keyboard lights are just off and the mouse lights are still teal. It is worth noting that I have the latest drivers installed on my computer, and I made sure to download the correct version of Alienware Command Centre for my computer. *Also, I wasn't sure what board to post this on, because there is no G series board, so sorry for any confusion* 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Dell G5 15 5590 RGB keyboard not working

G5 models are Inspiron models. G5 models can use some of the Alienware features, but not all of them. Here is a Dell page about that--

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/g-series-5000-desktop/g5-5000-setup-and-specifications...

And here is page about G5 models-- https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128904/alienware-command-center-quick-guide?lang=en

See the footnote on that page about the RGB KB.

0 Kudos