Highlighted
Haylex
1 Copper

Dell G5 15 5590 fan control

I would like to ask why I don't seem to be able to customise the fan curves on my laptop.

When I am gaming I don't mind the noise, HOWEVER when I am browsing the internet I don't want to hear the fan rev up and up and up then suddenly stop! Consequently it is an especially annoying habit of my new laptop.

I have tried with the alienware software pre-installed on my machine to customise my fan curves however it has no impact on the fan.

I can only seem to select slightly different modes in the power manager. For me this control is not enough.

So can anyone let me know whether fan curves are within our remit as a customer of Dell?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell G5 15 5590 fan control

"  I can only seem to select slightly different modes in the power manager. For me this control is not enough ".

---------------------------------

If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest installing latest Chipset drivers and Dell Power Manager Service from your Dell Product Support page. You could do this by entering service tag number (or use Detect PC) onto link below. After, select the setting (Thermal Manager) that fix your needs in the latest Dell Power Manager Service.  

Support | Dell US 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

If you already have the latest drivers from Dell.....

Please run Dell ePSA Pre-boot Diagnostic to check the Processor Fan and hardware within the computer. You could do this by following the steps below. 

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. 

In Dell Preboot menu, select Diagnostic. After the quick tests finished, select Processor Fan and then Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code.

Please click on the link below for additional information.

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues 

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln113205/how-to-troubleshoot-fan-issues?lang=en

0 Kudos