Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

12 Posts

May 14th, 2019 19:00

Dell G5 Bluetooth Randomly disappears

Hi There, I have a Dell G5, and using a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. Since I have this Notebook (about 2 months) the Bluetooth randomly disconnects, Sometimes 2x per day, and sometimes disappear (The Bluetooth ICON is not showing). Then a Normal restart don't work, I need to restart the Bluetooth service, and restart the machine, or do a complete shutdown (holding Shift+shutdown). This is super annoying, as I use this for work, with clients, and sometimes it just disconnect while I sit with clients. Not very professional. Now, before you say I need to get the mouse checked out, it is NOT the mouse, as I am using the same one for years (This particular one is a new one, same model) and I know it is reliable. My wife also use the same mouse, without any issues. I am running support assist, and have the latest Bluetooth driver installed as per service tag ( Intel-9260-9560-9462-8265-8260-7265-3165-Bluetooth_9W5P6_WIN_20.60.1_A04_04) Any help will be appreciated, as for now, this machine is unreliable. Thanks Jakes

3 Posts

June 18th, 2019 10:00

I have exactly the same issue. Bluetooth randomly turns off and only way to get it back on is to shut down the computer. I have all the latest drivers and BIOS from Dells website. I have tried reinstalling bluetooth driver and Dell's SupportAssist. Any ideas how to resolve it?

146 Posts

June 19th, 2019 02:00

I have the same problem. It's been a few weeks since I needed Bluetooth but it used to work. Now it's missing.

However, what's the next step when bluetooth is completely missing from Device Manager. It's just not there.

9.4K Posts

June 19th, 2019 05:00

Hi 1an1991008,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you been able to run a systems diagnostics yet?  If not, please run Dell SupportAssist or by pressing F12 at startup.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then it could indicate either a software or driver issue.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Bluetooth Troubleshooting and Usage Guide

12 Posts

June 24th, 2019 23:00

So, it still happen after 2 new Dell G5's. So how do I explain to my client why I waste his time by restarting my pc, and eventually cannot use the notebook as the Bluetooth is just not available.

So listen carefully:

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET THE BLUETOOTH BACK, IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!

So what is the next step? give this back, and buy some other brand?

1 Message

June 7th, 2020 18:00

I Have the same issue.
The bluetooth only came back after a full shutdown of machine!!!

So please! @robert p Whats is going on???

1 Message

September 9th, 2020 22:00

In my case, it's rather not a random disappearance, but after-an-update one, though not sure who perpetrator is, Windows 10, or Dell driver update manager. I tend to think, it's the former.

1 Message

October 7th, 2020 06:00

Same problem, seems like Dell does this on purpose to force users to run their SupportAssist app to run the optimise scan and update. I tried manually updating the drivers (downloaded from Dell) and making sure Windows is up to date but still no Bluetooth, after running SupportAssist Update it's back. I'm going to remove SupportAssist and other Dell apps and give it some time 3 to 6 months to see if it still happens and will report back.

2 Posts

March 9th, 2021 11:00

I Had the same problem and no solution yet. It happenned after an upadte of drivers.

March 9th, 2021 12:00

I have the same problem too. It's missing from the Device Manager. My G5 is ~13 months old and it just disappeared... I did it all - all kind Troubleshooting (from Services, Settings/Control Panel), Driver Uninstall/Install, Windows update, Drivers update, BIOS update, SupportAssist Update...

Will try the Shutdown and see...

April 16th, 2021 19:00

Same problem.  And the link is not accessible from my G5, https://dell.to/2WTxnLi.  Is there any other address for me to try?

April 16th, 2021 19:00

Sorry to disturb you, but I shut down and restart, and opened the bluetooth switch, and it works now.

May 10th, 2021 09:00

Shut down/restart didn't work...and there is no option to turn bluetooth on/off anywhere...not in settings, not on the keyboard, not in the Action Center.  Serious , Dell...

SportsPhotoGuy_0-1620664474680.png

No Events found!