Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

12 Posts

March 18th, 2019 06:00

Dell G5 performance

Good day, I have a new Dell G5 I7, 16GB RAM with GTX 1060 Max Q, and use it mainly for Autodesk Revit. The performance on battery mode is really really bad, though, experience a lot of lag. I have set the GPU performance in the Experience app to max performance, and seem to help a little, but not really make a big difference. The Revit model is not even complex. Is there any other setting I might not be aware of? Thanks in advance

• 

16.6K Posts

March 18th, 2019 10:00

Jakes 79,

In GeForce Experience go to the Settings menu then choose Games from the left side.

There should be an option called Battery Boost that allows you to set your maximum framerate.  Have you tried turning this off or upping the max framerate?

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

Dell Laptop Battery - Frequently Asked Questions

Also, update to the latest bios.

Dell 7588 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

12 Posts

March 18th, 2019 19:00

I did. It makes a slight difference, but is still bad at best. I use battery mode at least once a day, for 2 hours, and this wont work. I cannot believe a piece of hi tech cannot outperform my wife's Core I5 with a GPU passmark of under 1000 on battery mode?

12 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 22:00

So I guess there is no solution. Dissapointing, Dell

4 Posts

March 1st, 2021 12:00

Hello,
i believe this has something to do with the CPU Performance, try this while connected to power source (Battery Charger), i guess it would perform better. this is actually why you see some PC users with lower spec's than your laptop are actually performing better in using the AutoCAD. try and let me know if it works for you.
Also, battery mode gives almost half of the performance for the CPU, i have tried alot to maximize it so it perform like while connected to power source, but no luck, this is how the Factory design the laptops with built-in battery to avoid draining and damaging the battery life. 

No Events found!