rhena
1 Copper

Dell G5 with 144hz monitor

So i have a 144 hz monitor and want to connect it to my Dell g5, but the monitor hdmi support only 60hz. Do i get 144hz if i connect it via thunderbolt 3 to diplay port on the monitor with TB to DP cable? Is the thunderbolt 3 has connection to the nvdia gpu ot integrated intel gpu ? Is it true Dell g5 hdmi support 144hz ?

Thank you so much in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Dell G5 with 144hz monitor

Thank you for your message. You will not get a 144Hz refresh rate as this will not be supported by the display adapter & HDMI. The graphics switches between the cards based on the application used.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
rhena
1 Copper

So my gpu which is gtx 1060 not support 144hz ? I understand about hdmi. If hdmi not support 144hz, usb-c (thunderbolt 3) not support too ?

0 Kudos
rhena
1 Copper

So my gpu which is gtx 1060 not support 144hz ? I understand about hdmi. If hdmi not support 144hz, usb-c (thunderbolt 3) not support too ?

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

While HDMI 2.0 does support 144 Hz - as does Thunderbolt now -- your GPU simply isn't capable enough to support 144 Hz at anything resembling reasonable performance even at 1080p.  

You need a 1070 or 1080 GPU (or newer) to even begin to consider running at 144 Hz.

0 Kudos