mydragoon
1 Nickel

Re: Dell G7 BIOS 1.4.1 and 1.5.0 cause high temp CPU throttl

(duplicate message)

0 Kudos
mydragoon
1 Nickel

while i dun own the G5, totally agree here. same thing with G7... please give us back what we had, or at least come up with some way for us to manage the fan (some fan profiles so we can choose what we prefer)...
8 Krypton

Issue still hasn't been addressed

Caula
6 Indium

bump
8 Krypton

<not allowed>

Read the Forum Terms of Use

8 Krypton

Done. Thanks for posting this.  +1
Topcms
6 Indium

I've just made the mistake to update my G7 BIos.. Boy the computer just runs hot now. It throttles so hard in any game that it becomes unplayable ... What is going on.. the only solution I've found was to disable tubo boost or to reduce the core count to 4 cores only.... IS that really the only way DELL???? Even the Power supply is getting hotter showing that the computer is just burning through power for nothing. I knew i should've bought lenovo.. Just went with dell for the looks and the good history in reliability.
joseph160
1 Copper

Bump. I bought the g7 and i didn't know about this problem and I updated my bios, now I can't play battlefield, there are fps drops everytime I play. PLEASE DELL let us downgrade the bios to 1.3v, and everybody will be happy. PLEASE!!

ubb
6 Indium

As I understand from the experience that I gained in the last couple of months, Dell doesn't give a <profane> about their customers. It is not that hard to fix this Dell. Its been at least 2 months and you did completely nothing. I am really not sure if I buy dell ever again after this. 2 <profane> months guys. In the mean time they upgraded their "wonderful" bios to 1.6.x's, so that means they think there are no problems on their bios about this thermal issues we face. That's 100% <profane>. <attacking>. Probably they will ban me for the language that I used on this message cause that's what they do at their headquarters instead of making the hardware/software better.

Read the Forum Terms of Use

Highlighted
8 Krypton

Everything was good back then bios 1.3.0 then Dell ruined everything with releasing 1.4 bios, now my device thermal throttles, cpu temps suddenly jumps to unacceptable levels (98-100°C), fans react so delayed my laptop becomes like an oven. As a gamer; I don't care how loud my fans are but it is vital to have cool internal system for better performance. As I paid that device for gaming it is my right to have decent cooling system not some crippled fans which just sits and don't react until 75°C. Now I am trying every possible way reaching out Dell to make them fix what they broke. <solicitation not allowed>

1- If we can give enough feedback to them, they will pass that information to their engineering team and they could fix the fan curve on the next bios release. Direct messaging to mods about that issue with our service tags may prove useful. We could private message to them about that issue but don't forget to add the service tag. But they have already posted the Dell Inspiron G platform team response here)

2- After given feedbacks we need to be heard also. I think the best way to achieve that is on twitter. I am tweeting about that issue daily with adding @DellCares @Dell @MichaelDell @Direct2Dell them to my tweets. I am also replying under some kinda PC mag PC world, tech's accounts, these tweets can be seen million times. ( You can also DM @DellCares with your service tags for feedback.)

If we can give enough feedback and try hard enough them to hear our voice Dell will have that issue fixed eventually