Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 1st, 2020 11:00

Dell Inspiron 13 5391 turns display and music off after 4 minutes

Hello everyone. I've got this really annoying bug on my brand new, straight out of the box Dell Inspiron 13 5391. 

Apparently the laptop doesn't seem to consider playing music on iTunes an active experience, so unless I'm constantly typing or clicking every 4 minutes, it goes to sleep and the music cuts off. I used to have a Dell Inspiron gaming 7000 and didn't have this problem at all. When playing music on iTunes the display would go off and the music kept playing, which is exactly what I want.

I know an obvious solution would be to go into power settings and change them so that my computer never sleeps when idle. But I do not want this, because, asaide from watching movies or listening to music I DO want my computer to automatically sleep when idle.

I've read another solution is to use a different music engine, like Windows Media Player, which may not have the same problem, but again I do not want this.

I hope there is a solution to help me keep my music playing on iTunes even when the display goes to sleep, without having to change the power settings to never sleep or using a different music engine.

Thanks in advance,

AGT.

9 Posts

December 7th, 2020 08:00

Well since I didn't hear back from Dell, I've tried different solutions and finally came up with a solution. I've posted the video with the solution here. Thanks to CMGF for the solution.

-AGT

https://youtu.be/9o-3-EayO-Y

9 Posts

March 14th, 2021 20:00

Well, after the much dreaded Windows 10 Update 20H2. The problem returned after finally being able to fix it.

So basically I was back to Modern Stand By without my consent. After trying the previous solution I realized Microsoft deleted the CsEnabled option from registry, so that old trusty Hack wasn't working anymore.

After a bit of digging up I finally found a new solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/h0r56s/getting_back_s3_sleep_and_disabling_modern/

All credit goes to Reddit User u/mkdr.

Hope it helps,

AGT.

Thank you for reading.

No Events found!