Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2018 01:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Running Extremely Slow

This laptop is frustrating the    Code of Conduct  policy which you agreed to when joining. DELL-Admin> out of me, it isn't even 5 months old I paid $1200 for this which I think is a pretty expensive price for a laptop that runs slower than the one I was replacing (8yr old Toshiba Satellite).

This morning it took exactly 9 minutes and 48 seconds from when I pressed the power button to when I was able top open up "This PC". I did some research and watched the "How to Speed Up Your Computer" video from Dell Tech Support on youtube but everything they said to select in power option's like sleep, fast start up etc. was already selected on my laptop.

At this point I was ready to drive a sledge hammer through it but luckily I seen that there is a Support Assist App I can run to solve any issues so I thought "you beauty this will fix everything" well not quite, I opened the Supports Assist App and hit run all it soon scanned for Drivers and Downloads and said there is an update available then it scanned the hardware which was completed so it moved on to "Preparing for clean files" which it has been sitting on 0% for about 8 hours.

I have had a virus protection (McAfee recommended by Dell) since day one so I doubt its a virus, I'm running out of patience and alcohol can somebody please point me in the right direction. 

March 6th, 2021 22:00

I found something that worked for me. Been stuck with this laptop for 2 years (but never used it as it was a personal laptop)

* Shut down laptop
* During restart tap F2
* In Bios setup -> Untick Intel Step Speed option (can't remember which category it shown under but I think it was performance)
* Exit
* Machine will restart and work fine after that like we expect it to. Note: When I was researching, this fix had a disclaimer, it may affect battery life as this option is ticked by default to preserve battery. However, it was a no brainer for me to at least use the laptop than save battery.

Hope this helps.

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away.

DellRamanS_0-1647445449976.png

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 4th, 2023 22:00

Helpful Video:

(edited)

• 

16.7K Posts

December 10th, 2018 08:00

Mklein90,

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

What is the specific Inspiron 3000 system do you have? Run the ePSA Diags on the system to see if any hardware issues are shown.

Launching the ePSA Diagnostics
1.Tap F12 key repeatedly during system startup (at the Dell logo screen) until the BIOS Boot Menu appears on the screen.
2.On the Boot Menu screen, select Diagnostics option, and then press Enter.

1 Message

May 27th, 2019 09:00

I have the same exact, but like exact situation. It is ridiculous. I am also running out of patience and Jack Daniel's as I drink more waiting for the laptop to boot up.   

5 Posts

August 10th, 2019 16:00

Yeh same here. 8 months, received as a gift when my 10 yr old HP was getting over-hot all the time. This is slower than that and the other 12 year old Toshiba which was even worse! Now if anyone says they're thinking of swapping I say well don't get a Dell.

1 Message

September 5th, 2019 09:00

Omg just bought this machine yesterday. 9 minutes to boot up! Ran diagnostics. No issues. What the  Code of Conduct policy which you agreed to when joining. DELL-Admin> did I get myself into!

1 Message

September 29th, 2019 19:00

I also have the same problem......it doesn't work properly. It takes upto about 9-10 minutes to start. And even after starting.....it works so slow.....that i am left up with no better choice than to slam it. This pc is very much irritating. My old laptop(LENOVO G550). worked faster then this crap. When i first bought this...I thought..... it is new so may be that is the reason why it is working slow....but it's been a year and this bunch of crap is still woking the same. We should rather blame those dickheads at company who manufacture these kinds of laptop....i thought dell was a good company....but now the company seems to be an asshole......Where is that middle finger emoji?

1 Message

October 1st, 2019 13:00

I have the same problem, really frustrating.. I also missing my 10 years old Toshiba Satellite.

Someone contact you with a solution??

I just bought this computer, please let me know if I just lost my money.

First time with a DELL and I'm not happy at all.

1 Message

October 21st, 2019 01:00

I have the exact same problem. Ran Diagnostics. No problems found. Takes 9 minutes to boot up to start screen and a further 10 min for the system to become responsive after logging in. Laptop only few months old. 

1 Message

October 28th, 2019 04:00

This laptop is the worst!!!!!!!

I can put it into words how slow this thing is, an ASUS laptop I had bought in 2012 was faster than this and get this that ASUS laptop had 2 GB RAM, 1GHZ Process and was Dual Core. Whereas this laptop has 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD & 2.4GHZ Process which intel i3

Did they deliberately make it so slow? I wonder!

November 12th, 2019 20:00

Jess, Dell Inspiron 15 3000 is a pathetic laptop, I am soo frustrated it slow. Everytime i open a perticular file or a brouser it take ages to open. Do you have any solution and please dont say run diagnostics as have already done that not the solution.  

1 Message

November 21st, 2019 20:00

even i am also facing same issue this laptop is very slow...i never expected this much slow from this laptop , do we need to upgrade the RAM, i think having 4gb other laptops are doing fine....i am correct..

1 Message

November 29th, 2019 10:00

I had the same issue and stopped using the laptop for significant period of time.. Figured out that one of the reason for sluggish  performance is  my laptop was not partitioned. C drive had 1tb space. Partitioned the C drive through Computer Management tool. Google it. But before doing that please turn of System restore and Virtual Memory. Only then you will be able to  partition the drive with required GB per drive. Else it will let you partition only few GBs, for me it allowed only 917 MB . After disabling those two  i was able to partition the c drive 200 gb, E 200, F 200, G 320 

Once you are done with the partition please revert the System restore and Virtual memory settings. This will considerably increase the performance. Trust me. 

Another option is to  replace the HDD  with SSD and convert the existing HDD as external hardisk by putting the HDD in a pouch and adding a USB. Laptop service center would do this  for you. 

1 Message

December 1st, 2019 20:00

This has been the worst computer I have ever used and I have been using computers since the 90s.  It is the slowest to wake up, respond or load anything even local resources. My productivity has gone down at least 75% due to the sluggishness of this horrible Dell computer. I never had these problems on my Toshiba laptops -- only on Dell.  I do not know how they achieved such a good reputation with the government.  Must be some friends in high places because normal users of this Dell machine would definitely give it a thumbs down.

1 Message

December 14th, 2019 08:00

One of the worst decisions of my life is to purchase this stupid Dell Laptop. It is an expensive purchase. Spent around $700 for this  laptop. I echo to others statements. Takes for ever to boot and the performance is so slow that you want to bang your head against it.  The support even worse. 

Dell do us a favor and stop making laptops. Had faith in your company and you lost a customer for ever. #RIP

No Events found!