Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2018 01:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Running Extremely Slow

This laptop is frustrating the    Code of Conduct  policy which you agreed to when joining. DELL-Admin> out of me, it isn't even 5 months old I paid $1200 for this which I think is a pretty expensive price for a laptop that runs slower than the one I was replacing (8yr old Toshiba Satellite).

This morning it took exactly 9 minutes and 48 seconds from when I pressed the power button to when I was able top open up "This PC". I did some research and watched the "How to Speed Up Your Computer" video from Dell Tech Support on youtube but everything they said to select in power option's like sleep, fast start up etc. was already selected on my laptop.

At this point I was ready to drive a sledge hammer through it but luckily I seen that there is a Support Assist App I can run to solve any issues so I thought "you beauty this will fix everything" well not quite, I opened the Supports Assist App and hit run all it soon scanned for Drivers and Downloads and said there is an update available then it scanned the hardware which was completed so it moved on to "Preparing for clean files" which it has been sitting on 0% for about 8 hours.

I have had a virus protection (McAfee recommended by Dell) since day one so I doubt its a virus, I'm running out of patience and alcohol can somebody please point me in the right direction. 

June 18th, 2021 03:00

The laptop is slower than 2006 compac laptop with vista

3 Posts

June 30th, 2021 01:00

Well said, as long as Dell produces such junks, don't recommend it to any one.

June 30th, 2021 01:00

Absolutely useless machine.

I bought the Inspiron with a 11th gen Core i3, 8GB RAM, OS installed on SSD.

First it wouldn't take my Windows 10 Pro product key. Finally got that done, but not it takes about 10 minutes to install VLC. As I'm writing this I have been waiting for over 45 minutes for the installer of another software package to start.

Last year I bought a Lenovo i3 10th gen that has been running really well apart from issues with the WIFi radio, and the specs on the Dell are better, but it doesn't even come close to the performance of the Lenovo. 

I will never recommend that my company buy a Dell again

1 Message

July 18th, 2021 10:00

I too have the same problem. Many times I felt to break the lap. But I won't do that. Because it is a new one. 

4 Posts

July 25th, 2021 11:00

Hi all:

I have done all recommended for years, including all recommended updates, disables etc. None significantly helped.  I think maybe it’s a Bluetooth component issue but I’ve mostly moved on from this and any Dell product due to it.  

One suggestion which kind of helps me:   Boot up or restart.  Log into your account. Then log out as soon as you can.  Log back in to the same account.  

My experience is this speeds things up, though it does not last.  Sometimes I perform the “login/logout” twice.  

Remember:   do not reboot after the first reboot.  Just log in to and out of the account you are using to access your desktop. 

I hope this helps.  

54 Posts

July 25th, 2021 16:00

I also purchased my Dell Inspirion 15 3567 in 12/2018.   It was running slow from the beginning, and with every Windows update, it is running slower than ever.   I had an Inspiron before and it was slow but I do not recall it being this slow.  It can take more than 5 minutes to start up.  It takes more than 5  minutes to open applications (Office, Word).  Google Chrome is no longer the default Windows browser so that takes forever to load.  Microsoft new browser Edge takes forever to load.   I downloaded Firefox browser and that is a little faster, but that is starting to take forever to load.  

Yeah, my next laptop will not be a Dell.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2021 10:00

Hi

The issue with buying mostly laptops with HDD. HDD speed is much slower when retrieving data. Also random access like in an SSD is not possible. Its a double whammy when different pieces of data are to be retrieved. 

I bought a latest Vostro 3500 with Pentium Gold 7505(Its the same chip/architecture/process as I3-1115G but with slightly lower cache of 4MB so should have shown the same performance). Slow from the start due to the HDD(Always stuck at 100% utilization for even opening up a browser. In contrast an SSD shows around 5% utilization at max. 

Some options to try as they helped the frustratingly slow operation with Win10. 

2. reinstall windows 10 from Microsoft ( Remove all 4 dell factory partitions and keep one)

1. Disable Windows RAID in BIOS and enable AHCI in storage. 

3. Dont use third party AV but use the Microsoft security 

4. In advanced system settings enable windows for best performance or custom with only font smoothening enabled.

5. Disable un-necessary apps in Start up & In Background Apps

It hopefully improves the situation quite a bit.  

6. If all else fails replace HDD by a SATA or PCIe SSD based on your storage slot. 

Regards

1 Message

August 4th, 2021 05:00

Can you guide me how fix this issue what's app

September 22nd, 2021 10:00

Yes u r right just bought it 4 months ago 

September 22nd, 2021 10:00

Same here....this laptop is extremely slow I can't bother it anymore 

1 Message

September 26th, 2021 07:00

i added additional 16 GB but the laptop is still slow. Any idea if I add  SDD ,whether the speed will increase?

4 Posts

September 26th, 2021 13:00

I’m dubious though a novice.  Haven’t done SDD but nothing I have done (read all solutions on this topic) worked, but failed materially if not miserably. If I were to invest any more time and money (and I’m not) I would replace HD with SSD, partition hard drive, replace the wireless card, pray to the computer Gods, let everyone here know if it worked and let Dell know:   This Dell Computer and lack of Dell solutions really is not being nice to those who have supported the brand in many purchaser’s experiences and opinions.  

1 Message

September 28th, 2021 11:00

It says "Solved". Well, I just inherited the one my wife abandoned in frustration. Practically zero CPU load, only 1/3 of RAM in use and the SSD has nothing on it but the OS and a browser.  As a last hope she brought it to a computer shop because Dell support expired..Not that it had ever helped. No gain in loading speed, and still not really usable. I reset W10.  There is no Intel Sped Step in this BIOS; It has an AMD A6 CPU.  I miss my Commodore 64. I miss my IBM AT after wasting a day on this travesty. She bought a new laptop, which renders this a total loss. Yes, for some inexplicable reason it was a Dell, because we have trusted them for twenty years. If you betray us with this one, I'm going to invoke my state's warranty of merchantability/ Fitness for purpose laws.  How dare you put your name on something like this!  Look at this thread. What do you have to say for yourselves?

2 Posts

October 27th, 2021 06:00

I too had sluggish and slow problems with my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 so I did 3 things which has made the laptop run much faster:

Upgraded RAM to 16GB

Installed a SSD (Samsung) as my original HD failed.

Because of the failed HD, I had to reload Windows 10 from the microsoft website - which provided me a clean version of Win10 - minus the McAfee anti-virus - which may possibly create conflicts and slow the computer. I am now using Avira anti-virus now along with defender.

Now this laptop runs brilliantly, starts up quickly, and multi-tasks like it's suppose to. I have no idea which of the 3 has made the biggest difference. Probably the combination of all 3. So worth upgrading RAM (Au$60), SSD (Au$90) and a clean version of Win10 (Free). All 3 do take time but definitely worth it.

1 Message

November 10th, 2021 11:00

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with an i5, 12GRAM, and 512G SSD from dell.com a couple of days ago. 

Since the minute I received it, it is extremely slow. You have to stare at the screen waiting for web pages to be loaded. The key response was noticeably lagging. In short, it is slower than my 2-year-old, less than $200 Chromebook. 

I tried everything I could at home. Then I called Dell support. The technician confirmed all hardware working. When he planned to check the Software, he checked the warranty first. Then I was advised to pay $99 for a premium warranty. So he could go ahead and check why a new Laptop Dell price tagged $788.99+tax can not even open a web page smoothly. 

After I pointed out how ridiculous this sounded, I was transferred to sales to choose between replacement or refund. Of course, before the problem could be resolved, the dell team working time was up.  So I need to call them the next day. 

With this thread, it looks that this is not a single case. And this 3-year-old problem does not have a replicable solution. 

No Events found!