Highlighted
AA ron
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 3552 Hard drive not installed error.

Hello, after shutting down my Dell Inspiron 15 3552 i3 after freezing, I waited about 40 minutes and just played on my phone. Now when I turn it on it goes through this one faze, then tells me my hard drive is not installed. Then I press continue and it tries scanning for it, then it randomly shuts off and tries to turn back on but it doesnt, and it keeps repeating it's self. Its nearly 2 years old and the warranty is expired, 64 bit, 4 gb of RAM, Intel R HD graohics, and has about 400 gb of storage. The computer was running fine then this all happened. I'm afraid to open it up in the back because I'd need to open up the keyboard as well and do alot of stuff and I'm afraid it will break.

Is it possible to fix? If so should I do it my self or go to a professional? Or is it broken? Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 3552 Hard drive not installed error.

The hard drive has failed - you'll need a new, 2.5" 7 mm SATA notebook drive.

Replacing the hard drive is very easy - it's under the base cover.  You do not need to remove the keyboard.

Service manual:
https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-355...

0 Kudos
AA ron
1 Copper

The 3552 Has alot more screws than it shows in the manual, it's alot more complicated to mess with.  The 3552 is a really crappy design by Dell which is why it's so hard to dig around inside of it.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Any computer shop can change the hard drive  -- the drive will cost less than $75 and it'll cost you an hour's labor.

0 Kudos
Sel2018
1 Copper

I have the same issue with my dell laptop, I formatted one of my old 2.5 HD and slotted it in but still I have the same message when turned on.

Please advice on this.

0 Kudos