Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

October 16th, 2019 23:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3552 keyboard problem

I noticed that my w,e,u,i,o,p,a,s,d,k,l,z,x, numpad 3, numpad 5, numpad 9, numpad and Enter are not properly working and it gets worse every time, there's a circumstances that I need to finish my homework in time but some of my keys won't work.
The problems that I encountered are:
- Sometimes they won't work
- Sometimes, when you single press a button, the input is doubled or tripled like; A qqquck fx jm (A quick fox jumped.)
So I bought a mobile phone repairs tool set and examine the keyboard myself.
First I noticed that the keyboard has a layer, at top the plastic cover around the key caps, 2nd the layer of thin plastic with conductive wires to make contact to the 3rd layer to make an input, like a switch.
When you remove the key caps (gently from the right or left side of the key), You will noticed that there's a scissors like mechanism and at the center is a rubber button that is responsible to push slightly the conductive layer to the other layer to make an input. Theoretically, since my laptop experienced different environment and temperatures, the 2nd conductive layer becomes sticky that's why some of the input is repeated and when the layer stick to the other layer the rubber button can't pull the part of a layer that is aligned to the other layer to make an input. (try type and hold the button like "w" and click "backspace", that was a simulation on how it happened)
So I think a temporary solution, I pick my key "o" to be a sample. When I pull the rubber button (don't do it), I noticed that it is attached to the conductive layer so to put it again I stick a piece of double sided tape, carefully cut the edge and match the circumference to the rubber layer (I repeat don't pull the rubber). So, if the layer stick to the other layer and the scissors mechanism is responsible for the key caps to go back to the top, I cut a piece of double sided tape and put it under the center of the key cap. Theoretically, the scissors mechanism will push back the key caps and the key caps pull the rubber button by the use of double sided tape and the rubber will pull the layer so that it won't stick anymore.
I hope it can help you. Thanks, and Dell please redesign the keyboard of the Inspiron 15 3552 series or the laptops with the same keyboard as the said model.

No Responses!
No Events found!