Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

August 8th, 2019 07:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5567 no password prompt

I updated my laptop to July update and since then I don't get the password prompt after I press enter on the sign in screen after startup. When I press enter I just get blur screen without any password prompt. I tried signing in using safe mode with networking but Internet connection is not allowed in that mode too. So I can't sign in to my account.

1 Message

August 19th, 2019 23:00

This is happening to me too since the update. Help!

146 Posts

August 20th, 2019 01:00

same problem here.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 21st, 2019 04:00

Embril,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

6 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 01:00

Same thing happened to me after the most recent Win 10 update.

The only thing that worked for me (as a temporary fix) is to restore to a point pre update & then suspend any further windows updates till a fix is found.

The only way I could restore was to force the laptop into recovery/repair mode by powering on/ off several times (even then it took several attempts for this to work) & restoring from there

Would be great to find out when there is a fix

9.4K Posts

August 23rd, 2019 13:00

Hello Embril,  Since we haven't heard from you, we will be closing the case for now. Should you need further help or assistance, feel free to reach out to us again. We do hope that this matter was resolved. Kind regards.

1 Message

September 24th, 2019 17:00

I am having the same problem after the most recent update. What is the fix? Thanks

3 Posts

February 25th, 2020 14:00

Same here. What's the solution?

I ended up buying a SSD and doing a fresh install.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2020 08:00

Exactly the same thing happened to me after a Windows 10 update. So please, do not close the case. I. The meantime is there any way to access to my computer? I can not get the Safe Mode boot either. 

Please tray to respond soon since I can not work.

Thank you.

No Events found!