Go to Solution

February 11th, 2018 10:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5576

I have seen the graphics driver version is too old 17.1.1

Driver Packaging Version
17.10.1720.1001-170510a-313286C-Dell

Radeon Settings Version

everyone else is using 17.11. or higher now

I have seen my computer crash during games and go to black screen and make a loud errrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound...forcing me to have to hit the power button.

I have heard stuttering sounds with music and audio...

I believe your working on those issues....audio and graphics driver updates???

I hope so.....I got a 1,000.00 Dollar Gaming laptop.

I am a first time customer buying one and this is my first one ever....

best make it a good impression now or next time no no money for you...

besides the issues I mentioned above...it is ok,except for crashing and rebooting during games and black screen with loud errrrr sound....

oh,and I would like to see... more options for Radeon Graphics with Wattman overdrive in the next driver update...I like to be able to use AC power and push it a little more...

This laptop should have Hybrid Crossfire available in the BIOS...

using the GPU-Z tool,I see that under graphics and R7 and down tot he bottom where it says AMD crossfire...

it says "disabled(crossfire available)"  <----- exact wordings...

question...I if My pc can handle hybrid crossfire...why not let me ?????

2 Posts

February 11th, 2018 22:00

Hello, as a owner of this current laptop with a FX9830-P cpu and a RX560 4gb GPU I feel your frustration, however on the 5th of feb they released a bios update for this laptop version 1.0.7 which supports the 18.2.1 radeon software, you can access your updates through dells website and then go to support-drivers and downloads. 

The bios update took about 5 minutes to complete and everything was fine, I then went to device manager and went to the display adapter tab, clicked RX560 and updated the driver, when that was finished my radeon crimson was also updated.

Hope this helps! :)

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

February 11th, 2018 10:00

Your system has a software controlled hybrid video setup - not a hardware controlled hybrid setup.  The Intel GPU is the connection to the screen;  the AMD GPU is solely a co-processor.  All video data passes through the Intel GPU even if it has been processed by the AMD GPU.

There are still systems with true, dedicated GPUs -- for those you need a Precision or Alienware system, and the price will start around $2K -- as it will for all competitive systems.  You do not get true discrete video in any $1K notebook.

February 12th, 2018 01:00

I'm still seeing 17.1.1 in radon menu...

February 12th, 2018 11:00

I see that the AMD bristol ridge driver has been updated...

I have a few questions about dell support assist...

How do I know if all the updates are applied automatically from dell assist????I have to go right now and manually download the graphics driver....

I mean how am I supposed to check every single update process...if dell support assit isnt reliable to do it for me????

dell is the supplier to my updates..

February 12th, 2018 11:00

-______________-

Al I got to say is do not keep me waiting on those updates....

February 12th, 2018 13:00

I see the new menu and features...

Since you and I have the same laptop...what is the best settings for good performance?

I am not sure about the new option between GPU workload and Compute....and do not know what to choose?

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 16:00

Set to GPU Workload.

Seems Radeon put something in their drivers now where someone can use the GPU for non-gpu calculations (like crypto mining use).

June 19th, 2018 14:00

True,but the issue is now that I have re-installed a fresh perfect copy of windows 10.Now,When I installed the 6Gb version with the Dell download tool..and everything went fine for 2 days until  the build version 1511 would not update problem arose....

I thought,there is no way the copy I downloaded a corrupt version from Dell..no way....I was praying for the OS to just work.and finally it did...sunday....now everything is fine ....except the drivers I mention...they are several months old....

I hope Dell has a Test room to test these drivers before issuing them out....test it on a Dell Inspiron 15 5576 running all games from 2004 and today....

The drivers for BIOS,GPU and Audio (at times it goes low and gets loud when using dell devices menu option choosing AY410)

I cannot Run Doom with the current Drivers from Dell.

however,I can use AMD's Radeon 18.2.1 and beyond...but I don't want the TDR delay and the thread stuck in device driver error messages..and black screen and crashes during gameplay...

Also,AMD does not include V-Sync in the 18.2.1 and beyond for my Specific model laptop because it comes with Vsync...from Dell.....

3 Posts

February 10th, 2019 03:00

simple fix for me was to not use any drivers from the amd website download and install only the drivers from the dell website yea you run an older version amd radeon but for me the performance increase when gaming was actually incredible LOL i went from 30fps on the lowest graphics settings to sitting steadily over 60fps on maxed out settings hope this was some sort of help as i know the struggle if i did not lose my receipt proving purchase i would of exchanged it for the intel version good luck

October 3rd, 2019 19:00

I have a dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 5576 (AMD A10-9630P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C + 6G) and I started to install the drivers offered by dell, when I see that I lost my video settings (I had not updated the bios), update the APU as the AMD page says but none worked. When updating the Bios with the Controller that Dell offers, I already recognized the card but the discrete one was not activated when playing, only the integrated one. I decided to uninstall everything and make sure to install everything that Dell support recommends for my laptop and although I don't have adrenaline 19.9.2 or 19.9.3 that none gave me more than 30 fps. With Radeon Crimson Relive 17.7 I have a Radeon RX560 Discreet active giving me 100fps

October 4th, 2019 08:00

You are better off with the GL702ZC

No Events found!