Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

9 Posts

August 18th, 2019 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5577 boots into blank screen after dell logo, works fine after force restart

I have this problem with my Inspiron 15 5577 where during system startup: - dell logo appears - the system shows a blank screen (ash color) with cursor visible (sometimes it happens after password entry) - I force shut down by holding the power button - I start the system again using the power button - system boots into system recovery and advanced boot menu type screen - I click "restart" on that screen - system boots normally It has started happening more frequently lately... before it used to go blank screen after password entry but nowadays it just goes blank after dell logo... I do not believe it to be a hardware problem but something is wrong. What I have found by some trials is that I have sleep on closing lid setup, and then when I shut down my pc most of the time I just close lid immediately and allow it to shut down in the background. but maybe the software runs into a problem because sleep coroutine or something fires up at the same time maybe..?? because since I have stopped closing my lid immediately, I don't think I have run into this problem. but still, waiting for it to shut down to close lid is just annoying. Is this really the problem? If it is, how to fix it? If not, then what is wrong with my laptop and what is the solution? Please help me. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 18th, 2019 05:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @ArjunX17 

What model HDD do you have installed???

Best regards,

U2

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 18th, 2019 05:00

I have a 5577.  It came with an M.2 SSD, no hard drive.

It sounds like something corrupted on the drive.  I don't normally suggest a "factory reinstall" but it may be time on this one.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 18th, 2019 06:00

Sorry @fireberd  

I should have been more precise.

@ArjunX17 

What model HDD/SSD do you have installed???

Hard drive (HDD) One2.5inchdrive(SATA)
Solid-state drive (SSD) OneM.2drive(SATAorPCIeNVMe)

Regards

U2

NOTE: There are SSD firmware updates that could solve this problem.

But I need to know what model SSD you have.

9 Posts

August 18th, 2019 09:00

I have a 128 GB SSD with OS installed in it and a 1 TB HDD. How do I check the model?

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 18th, 2019 10:00

@ArjunX17 

Go to "This PC"

Right click on the "SSD"

Then click on "Properties"

Under "Hardware" should be the model number.

Regards,

U2

9 Posts

August 20th, 2019 23:00

@U2CAMEB4ME As requested, following are the models of 2 hard drives in my laptop: 1) SK Hynix SC311 SATA 128GB 2) ST1000LM035-1RK172 Are you certain that it is a hard drive problem? Because they seem to be working fine to me.

9 Posts

August 31st, 2019 22:00

Please help, I provided the information you asked.

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 04:00

I have a similar problem but with a XPS 15 9560.. On initial start up it'll only show the Dell logo so I have to force restart with power button and then it'll load up fine. Have also noticed Chrome will always ask if I want to recover tabs as though it didn't shut down properly, but I always do. Please help ussss

9 Posts

September 26th, 2019 11:00

The chrome thing is not related to it. Its just chrome showing you option to restore your tabs, it is a feature of chrome.

Try finding solution for blank screen after logo in other threads. You might find it.

No Events found!