Coco45
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming won't wake up from sleep

The computer is 3 days old. Brand new. Did all the updates for drivers and BIOS using the support assistance. Performed the hardware and performance tests from the BIOS screen and within Windows 10.

Please advice. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming won't wake up from sleep

Please check settings in the power options settings.Type Settings onto the [Cortana] search box, select System, Power & Sleep, look to your right and select Additional Power Settings. In the power option screen, select Change When the Computer Sleep. Also, check Choose What The Power Buttons Do

0 Kudos
SweeHeng
1 Copper

I think your instruction is not clear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SweeHeng
1 Copper

I have the same problem too. Updated all drivers and BIOS, still the same. The laptop just won't wake up until I hit the power button, then it will resume to previous state.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message.

What is the status of the power button light when the system goes to sleep?

Is the computer set to go into sleep mode after 5 minutes & does it wake up immediately if you try to wake it up?

What is the version of BIOS installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

0 Kudos
lolametro
2 Iron

This laptop can only be woken up from Standby by pressing the power button or opening up the screen if it was closed before. It doesn't react to keyboard or mouse.

Additionally, you can't see whether the laptop is in standby because it has no power LED (which is actually weird).