Highlighted
Boomr
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 multiple problems

Hello I'd like to ask for some assistance regarding some issues I've been experiencing with my laptop (Inspiron 15 7000 gaming series).
First and main issue is that I experience stuttering and poor frame rate in almost all games I've tried to play. I have to set the in-game video settings to the lowest possible, also I get into Nvidia settings and set the lowest settings for the application from there and I still experience stuttering. I have also reinstalled my drivers several times now but that didn't seem to fix the problem.
The way my frame rate dropped made me to believe that my laptop might be overheating so when I checked I noticed the idle temperature of my GPU is around 60degrees (celsius) and when I start a game it goes around 90.
I have also tried to fix this problem through Dell Support Assist but when I open it, it immediately starts an update which takes forever; I have stopped the installer and retried several times but it doesn't seem to work.
I would really appreciate some help with this issue since it's been bugging me since I bought the laptop and it's really annoying not to be able to play anything. I don't expect crazy perfomances , but I think the laptop should at least run any game smooth with lowest video settings selected.

0 Kudos