Highlighted
nico.fr
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 package temperature

Hello,

What is the normal temperature for a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 when playing a demanding game like Assassin's Creed Origins? Mine goes up to a maximum of 93°C according to Intel XTU. Even when using a cooling pad. Should I be worried?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 package temperature

Long term operation at that temperature isn't going to do the longevity of the system any favors, no.  Reduce the load on the system - and remember this is an entry-level gaming system, so it will have limitations particularly with demanding game.

0 Kudos
nico.fr
1 Copper

Thank you for your response! I should do that. I read that undervolting might help. Should I undervolt both CPU and GPU? Do you know any other methods? Do you know what the ideal temperature would be? For example, when the room is cold, the temperature stays between 75 and 83°C in a kind of regular pattern, because of the Thermal Throttling and Power Limit Throttling, when I'm gaming, of course.
0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

I would be uncomfortable depending on long term reliability with those temperatures - but if you've got a 3-year warranty (which should be part of any notebook purchase), at least it's Dell's responsibility for that period of time.

0 Kudos