Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 - Realtek Audio problems

Hello. I have been using this Dell Inspiron 15 7559 laptop for over two years. But recently, I have been having having some problems with my audio drivers. As of right now, I cannot hear audio at all, even through Bluetooth headphones. 

I was editing a video in VideoPad Video Editor when my issues had first began. I plugged in my headphones into the headphone jack when volume controls malfunctioned and I had no sound in Windows as a result. After letting the Windows troubleshooter run, it had found that the audio services were not responding.

AUDIO FIX.PNG

Naturally, I went to Google for help, and I went to this site for help: https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-audio-services-not-responding-windows-10/ I checked services.msc and found that Windows Audio and the accompanying Endpoint Manager were running automatically, as well their dependencies, but Plug and Play was running manually. I tried to restart Windows Audio, but it only gave me this error:error1.PNG

I then force-stopped the process with the Command Prompt, and I restarted the process, and it did not work. I attempted to test the speakers, and test tones failed to play. So after these processes were suggested, it seemed that my audio drivers were corrupted.  Conducting more research, I have concluded that this was the case. Following the guide on the site linked above, besides using CCleaner to clean registry problems due to the fact that it would delete important data for me, I went to the Device Manager and uninstalled the Realtek Audio driver. It should also be noted that I did not opt to uninstall the accompanying software. Expecting to "scan for hardware changes," I was instead told to shut down to apply changes, and then I did.

When I rebooted the computer, as to be expected, the Realtek driver was removed from my playback devices in the Sound Menu. However, returning to the Device Manager, "Realtek Audio" was still there, and I noticed that associated "audio inputs and outputs" were not. 

devmgmt.PNGplayback devices.PNG

When I woke up the next morning and used my wireless headphone dongle (the APEKX_BR1001 devices listed) with the PC, it generally worked. It seemed that I had made the problem much worse by trying to fix it myself.

I tried updating the Realtek Audio driver, but according to Windows, it is the best driver available when checking automatically. I tried installing a new copy of the Realtek HD Audio driver from the Dell website by following the installer, but that, again, did not change the situation, though this could be due to me not following an essential post-installation process. Later, I tried the route of installing the driver through "Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer" and installing "Realtek Audio" from there, and no results were produced. Today, I even attempted to install the Realtek Audio driver from "Add legacy hardware," but this only resulted in the errored duplicate you see in the above screenshot.

As of right now, audio services have failed again, with test tones failing to play over wireless headphones. Is there any way that I could perhaps restore my audio capabilities? Would it be safe to install the generic High Definition Audio Device driver that comes with Windows? If you believe that you could provide a solution, that would be great.

Thanks, DsimXD

0 Kudos