Highlighted
Devon Poirier
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 4k display is acting up

When I received this laptop, i was in love, although i noticed that there was a slight backlight bleed, and figured it was maybe normal or may get better with use. It has actually gotten worse and it is now starting to flicker and stutter with weird lighting when this happens. When i close the lid, and reopen it, it either stops, or gets worse. And i have to repeatedly close and open the lid until it stops and the laptop becomes usable. This is very frustrating especially at school and it happens. I tried calling dell but it would automatically hang up the phone call without putting me through to service. I would like to know what i should do next, and how i should go about this situation. It sounds like it could be hardware or driver oriented, but i've tried reinstalling all of my drivers and updating them. This laptop wasn't cheap and its frustrating to have this happen.

Thanks.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 4k display is acting up

Please run the LCD built-in self test (BIST) by following  the steps in link below. The tool should help determine if the screen abnormality you are experiencing is an inherent problem with the LCD (screen) of the Dell computer or with the video card (GPU) and PC settings. 

How do I Run Diagnostics on a Dell Laptop LCD? | Dell US

Note: If you do not detect any screen abnormalities in the built-in self test mode, the laptop LCD is functioning properly. Check the video card (GPU) and PC settings.If you do notice any abnormalities in the built-in self test mode, you may get the laptop LCD repaired/replaced if it is under warranty by contacting Dell Technical Support.

0 Kudos