Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Freezes randomly (occasional BSODs)

I have an Inspiron 7567 its been giving me a lot of problems. It freezes randomly for 30 to 60 seconds sometimes more. The laptop becomes completely unresponsive nothing works the screen stays on. occasionally throwing some blue screens of death (BSODs) too if it stays frozen for a longer period of time. It's really annoying I am a computer science student coding itself is really straining on the mind and added with this makes me mad. However, It doesn't really happen during gaming or something similar. 

Some of the BSOD errors that I took note of 
1. DRIVER IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL
2. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Any help would be appreciated. I do have a 2-year warranty but its local dell warranty and they take months just to get the laptop checked its really the worst thing and I can't live without the laptop for so long cause of work and entertainment.

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Freeze

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Did this issue start after any recent Windows or BIOS update?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link

Does the screen freeze when using any application in particular?

Please disable all options including anti-virus in startup under task manager & restart the computer. Check if the issue persists.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

I don't remember it starting after bios update but I can try downgrading the bios if you think that can help. Plus I have run the diagnostic it doesn't help, no errors where shown. Finally, the antivirus doesn't help either because the issue remains when I run Linux too.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

If you wanted, you could put a dump file on your OneDrive and give us a link.  I am not an expert at reading those but something may stand out regarding the problem.

Best is you zip the file but not absolutely necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Hey. Memory Dumps sound promising. However, I know they are usually of large size and there are different types of them. I don't know much about them. Can you guide me how do I get the dump file or which type of dump do I need? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PAnDAn
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Freezes randomly (occasional BSODs

Hello did you solve the issue with the bsods?

Have you tried changing some of the options in the bios setup?

I had an issue with mine and was only able to make it stable after disable all but 1 CPU core.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Freezes randomly (occasional BSODs

Yes, I was actually able to solve the problem. It was a headache almost tore open my laptop. The fix was actually simple. I went to windows "reliability history" and then saw what was causing the crashes. It was apparently some dell bloatware. I uninstalled it and everything is fine now. I hope it helps.
0 Kudos