Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2018 03:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 no subwoofer sound

On 10/10/2018 I noticed that the laptop was not detecting the internal speakers. Device manager said that I was missing a driver for Intel high definition audio (code 28). I downloaded the drivers for the Intel hd630 and that did not work so I downloaded the Realtek audio driver from the Dell support page for the 7567 and now I have audio again but no sound is coming from the subwoofer. Audio does play from front speakers, and from headphones when I plug headphones in, but no audio from subwoofer. Audio also sounds lower quality, but this may be due to the subwoofer not working.

Is anyone else having these issues or has anyone found a solution? Thanks.

18 Posts

October 11th, 2018 12:00

Hi everyone!

Yesterday got the same issue.

My Win10 has NOT updated yet to 1809 (I am still on 1803), so whatever killed our subwoofers was not entirely related to 1809. I guess only MS knows...

Anyway, after dozens of attempts to install\clean\whatever (which didn't help) I tried the method mentioned above (with the old driver). It worked, but not with the first attempt - I had to try several times, before I found the "the trick", which is - you MUST NOT uninstall the new driver or delete the device before reverting back to the old driver. So, step-by-step guide will be like this:

0) Install the "new" driver - happily verify that your subwoofer is dead

1) Kill all waves\maxx processes in Task Manager

2) Delete all "Waves" folders from "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)"

3) Also delete "Waves" from all "Realtek" folder (in both and very same Program Files and x86...) - it heavily looks like some installation files are picked from there

4) IMPORTANT - there's no need to restart PC, but do NOT try removing other parts of the "new" driver in any way, do NOT remove the Device in Device Manager

5) Download the "old" driver - from Dell's page (previous versions)

6) Run the Installation of the "old" driver

7) The Installation process will first remove the "new" driver, then ask for PC restart (do it), then after restart will continue the installation of "the old" driver

8) Upon completion - another restart, and your subwoofer should be well back alive

NOTE 1: In the post above it is mentioned, that "several restarts" are needed, but mine started working straight away (step 8).

NOTE 2: Possibly Step 1 can be skipped IF you disable "MAXX" software from autorunning and then restart sometime after installation of "new" driver (but BEFORE steps 2-3)

I must stress, that I wasted yesterday like 4-5 hours with different installations \ re-installations \ cleaning ups and trying various other versions of drivers (not only from Dell) - nothing worked. The method above worked.

Hope it helps.

October 11th, 2018 04:00

Yes, i have same situation.
It is because from last windows update.
Old drivers didnt work and i upload drivers from dell drivers folder.

We have russian community for dell inspiron 7567, and many users have same problem.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

The Dell driver is the one dated Sept 10 2018 correct? Click on Device Manager and expand the sound list. Check to be sure Intel sound and Realtek high def sound is listed. If that looks fine then click on search and type in Dell Audio. That should bring up the settings and equalizer. Those settings should allow you to adjust the sound to your liking. I believe you can adjust the sound for your speaker setup in Dell Audio as well.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

Not sure when you installed the update but there is an additional update available now with some fixes that correct some of the problems with the original 1809 update.

Yes, I have the same problem. The issue started after the October Update of Windows 10. I've tried some things, but none of them worked. I hope that will be solved soon, because I use the notebook for work, and the audio is very important.

Windows update ou driver update? Here the problem appears after that second Windows 10 1809 update.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 11th, 2018 05:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the audio driver version installed? Have you tried changing the audio & equalizer settings to check if that helps?

Open device manager – expand sound & audio – right click on Intel & Realtek drivers & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer. This should refresh the driver

What is the BIOS version installed? Have you installed the 1809 update?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

October 11th, 2018 05:00

Having the same issue after the October update. Tried reinstalling the drivers, but didn't fix anything.

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 09:00

Hi, Reinstalling didn't work properly. Sound is gone, but no subwoofer nor MaxxAudio Pro capability.

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 09:00

I tried the solution from old thread but what I faced is the 2018 version realtek driver makes the headphone jack completely unusable which the Waves Max Audio Pro didn't detect the headphone jack insertion while the old 2017 one is working fine but both drivers stop the subwoofer from working. It happened after latest windows update. I hope someone can find the solution.

October 11th, 2018 10:00

I am having the exact same issue. Inspiron 15 7567. 

I booted up my computer this morning and it had no sound. Upon inspecting the Device Manager, there was no sound driver installed.

I installed the latest driver from Dell's website and while I now had sound, my subwoofer was not working and sound was very low quality. 

I manually deleted the new driver and rolled back to the older version. That seemed to work. However, the computer told me that Windows had to update the Intel SST (Smart Sound Technology) in order to complete the install. Upon updating the new Intel SST, it once again disabled the subwoofer. 

18 Posts

October 11th, 2018 11:00

Hi everyone!

Yesterday got the same issue.

My Win10 has NOT updated yet to 1809 (I am still on 1803), so whatever killed our subwoofers was not entirely related to 1809. I guess only MS knows...

Anyway, after dozens of attempts to install\clean\whatever (which didn't help) I tried the method mentioned above (with the old driver). It worked, but not with the first attempt - I had to try several times, before I found the "the trick", which is - you MUST NOT uninstall the new driver or delete the device before reverting back to the old driver. So, step-by-step guide will be like this:

0) Install the "new" driver - happily verify that your subwoofer is dead

1) Kill all waves\maxx processes in Task Manager

2) Delete all "Waves" folders from "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)"

3) Also delete "Waves" from all "Realtek" folder (in both and very same Program Files and x86...) - it heavily looks like some installation files are picked from there

4) IMPORTANT - there's no need to restart PC, but do NOT try removing other parts of the "new" driver in any way, do NOT remove the Device in Device Manager

5) Download the "old" driver - here (Dell's 7567 page)

6) Run the Installation of the "old" driver

7) The Installation process will first remove the "new" driver, then ask for PC restart (do it), then after restart will continue the installation of "the old" driver

8) Upon completion - another restart, and your subwoofer should be well back alive

NOTE 1: In the post above it is mentioned, that "several restarts" are needed, but mine started working straight away (step 8).

NOTE 2: Possibly Step 1 can be skipped IF you disable "MAXX" software from autorunning and then restart sometime after installation of "new" driver (but BEFORE steps 2-3)

I must stress, that I wasted yesterday like 4-5 hours with different installations \ re-installations \ cleaning ups and trying various other versions of drivers (not only from Dell) - nothing worked. The method above worked.

Hope it helps.

1 Message

I am facing the same issue since this morimor. I have searched a lot about this issue and tried everything. The subwoofer doesn't seem to work. 

I rolled back the drivers, unistalled the windows updates, deleted the Waves Maxx files and then installed the new drivers. Nothing works. 

Please fix this issue.

2 Posts

I rolled back the drivers, unistalled the windows updates, deleted the Waves Maxx files and then installed the new drivers. Nothing works
No Events found!