Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

February 8th, 2018 13:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7568 touchscreen not working

Hello,

This is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7568 fully convertible (2in1) touchscreen laptop which I purchased from BestBuy during mid-June 2016.  To get rid of touchpad issues (cursor jumping erroneously), I disabled touchscreen functionality few months back.  I went into Settings and disabled something which I don't remember exactly.  Now I am trying to revert back to touchscreen mode, I tried all options but no luck.  I even restored my PC back to original factory settings, still touchscreen is not working. 

Could someone please suggest what could have gone wrong? 

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 8th, 2018 13:00

Please download / installed the Inspiron 7568 TOUCH Firmware from the link below. 

Inspiron 15-7568 TOUCH Firmware Driver Details | Dell US

6 Posts

February 8th, 2018 14:00

Installed the driver, still no luck. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 8th, 2018 16:00

I'd suggest updating the System Setup(BIOS). Please click on the link below to safely installed latest BIOS version onto the system.

How to Update BIOS (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

Warning: Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source while updating the BIOS or you may harm your computer. During the update, your computer may restart  and you will briefly see a black screen.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 8th, 2018 17:00

If updating BIOS doesn't fix the Touchscreen:

Please select Detect Drivers in the link below. The Dell utility will search latest drivers (Chipset and Video) for the system.

Support for Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 | Drivers ... - Dell 

6 Posts

February 8th, 2018 17:00

Running on latest BIOS 1.18.2, all drivers are up to date as per Dell SupportAssist tool. Still no luck, thank you.   

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 9th, 2018 18:00

If you don't see the message and the boxes are uncheck:

Find USB Input Device under the Human Interface Devices. If there are more of these, you might have to repeat it for all of them:

1. Right click USB Input Device, click Properties, and then select Power Management

2. Uncheck Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and then restart / power off system.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please right click touch screen driver in device manager, select "Properties", and then check in the status box if there's a message that says.....

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer

Also, select Power Management and uncheck boxes by Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and Allow This Device To Wake Up The Computer. After, restart or power off system

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Do you see touch screen driver listed under Human Interface Devices in device manager?

Example:

See the source image

6 Posts

Hi,

Yes I do see that.  I disabled/re-enabled, not working.  I deleted and restarted my PC, windows automatically recreated the same, still not working.  I think I tried pretty much everything related to software (BIOS, Drivers, Firmware, Windows all are up to date). 

I do see plenty of similar postings in this forum and my issue exactly same to:https://www.dell.com/community/General/Inspiron-15-7568-touch-screen-not-working/m-p/5094140

This is so frustrating that the important feature of my laptop stopped working after 1 year as soon as warranty expired.  Probably I am not going to purchase any more Dell laptops.  

Thanks.   

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 9th, 2018 19:00

Lastly,

If all troubleshooting failed, I suggest you reseat the LCD cable(display) from within the system. Please view the service manual and check out the video in link below.

https://youtu.be/zDGPp4hfRjs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If touchscreen still doesn't work after checking USB Input Device....

If you are comfortable opening the computer, I suggest removing the battery by following the steps below.

1. Power off system, Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and battery.

2. Press the "Power On" button for 30 seconds to release Static Flea Power.

3. Replace battery, adapter, power on system. Hopefully touch screen work normally.

Please read service manual thoroughly before removing computer and battery in link below.

Support for Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 | Manuals & documents ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you aren't comfortable opening the computer, I suggest you contact Dell Technical Support in link below.

Contact Information | Dell US

6 Posts

February 10th, 2018 07:00

Tried everything you mentioned.  Removed back cover, removed battery, removed LCD cables and reinserted them.  No luck. 

Thank you. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 12th, 2018 05:00

Unfortunately none of the troubleshooting steps fix the touchscreen. I thought for sure reseating the LCD cables would have fix it. I suspect there's a issue with the screen, and most likely needs to be replace for the touch screen to work.  Please contact Dell Technical Support in the link above.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2018 21:00

Amazing AS SOON as the warranty expires my touchscreen on Dell Inspiron 15 7568 stops working. And will costs $130 dollars to "renew warranty" which is supposedly guaranteed to fix the problem with the "unavailable driver update". All happened after the forced Windows 10 update (that has no reversion back to Windows 8.1). Is this a money grab after buying a somewhat costly computer? I have been a Dell consumer from their start! But this is a money grab and I'm "upset" two years later this is the result. Dell you should fix this FOR FREE knowing this is a WINDOWS 10 issue, before you lose a huge customer base!

No Events found!