Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

July 19th, 2020 19:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7577 keyboard issue

Hi, I'm having a problem with keys wp[s;'x/ . There are times that it's working but now all of it are not working. My laptop's not under the warranty though and I think that this is a common issue of Dell. The keyboard replacement for this is too pricey too. Is there anything that you guys can suggest? I'm planning to have it replaced with different keyboard backlit color, maybe white or blue but I also can't find where to buy one. 

5.6K Posts

July 20th, 2020 07:00

Use with external keyboard.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

July 20th, 2020 10:00

The keyboards are available for about $20 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Replacement-Keyboard-Inspiron-Layout/dp/B07JLWL54C

That said, the service manual procedure for replacing the keyboard is quite involved.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7577-laptop/docs

2 Posts

July 20th, 2020 10:00

I'm already using an external keyboard for about 6 months already. Thanks for the reply!

July 28th, 2020 11:00

I know man. Mine just came out of warranty and having the same problem. So disappointing. I'll never buy dell again

20 Posts

October 1st, 2020 05:00

The keyboard issue is known and widespread. Others have even reported that replacing only fixes the issue for a short time. 

External keyboard appears to be the only workaround. 

I have the same issue with the keyboard. I tried re-seating the cable, but it only worked for a short while. I have noticed, as others, that the problem resolves itself if you heat the system up (play a 3D game for a few minutes). Not sure how to apply a permanent fix though. I assume the heat is cause some connection points to expand and close the connection. As soon as the system cools though, the keys stop working again.

1 Message

December 29th, 2020 09:00

I have this issue too, is Dell not going to do anything about it?  I don't have my W, S keys and so I pulled the keyboard to look for issue's and now i don't have space, 2, and n.  Obviously not the keyboard itself since it changes with reseating the connector.  

1 Message

January 1st, 2021 04:00

Same problem with me.

In my keyboard Alt, Esc, g - h - i and 0 - 1 of numpad have problems.

They work when the system is heated up though.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2021 08:00

I saw that too in my laptop, the keyboard is working very well in the case that the cup is working and the fan also working for cooling the laptop but when it gets cooler the keyboard stopped working with some keys.

Did you find a solution for this issue? 

1 Message

March 30th, 2022 06:00

Hi, I live in Lahore, Pakistan where the average temperature remains 25 to 35. In summer it reached 45.
What I am trying to ask is how warm does it need to keys working properly. I feel sad about paying 500$ extra for import duty and still needing to use the On-Screen keyboard to write all this. 
" wsx=2] prtScr left shift left enter ". From now I gain the importance of S. 

No Events found!